FIFA 23 has the top players, and we highlight the elite stars who reach the shortlist. We list the best 20 players for this guide.
FIFA 23 Perennial chart-toppers Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are finally pushed off their lofty perch. Karim Benzema is the best player in FIFA 23, and Ronaldo does not even make the top five on this list.
#1. Karim Benzema (CF, Real Madrid) – 91 Overall Rating
Real Madrid won the Champions League for the first time in four years last season, as well as a record-breaking 14th overall – twice as many as second-placed AC Milan. Benzema’s goals were the driving force, as he scored 15 times in 12 European games. His reward: the highest-rated Ultimate Team card in the game, with 88 Shooting, 87 Dribbling, and 83 Passing. Before the season ends, expect a 99-rated special item.
#2. Robert Lewandowski (ST, Barcelona) – 91 Overall Rating
The perfect Pole who scores goals faster than you doesn’t get the top spot. After eight years and 238 goals in 255 games, Barcelona finally called him this summer. There, he will compete with Benzema for both individual and team honors. Still, in FIFA 23, he had to settle for second place. Many online players will be turned off by your 71 Pace, but those who like to take their time can enjoy your 94 Positioning, 94 Finishing, and 89 Physicality.
#3. Kylian Mbappé (ST, Paris SG) – 91 Overall Rating
Even though the PSG wonderkid is ranked third, his 97 Pace rating means that there won’t be a more expensive active player in this year’s game. (Icons always have their own rules.) The great new hope of French football hasn’t won the Champions League yet, unlike Benzema and Lewa, but PSG’s bottomless finances suggest that will happen soon. 93 Finishing, 92 Positioning, and 93 Agility are also very good scores.
#4. Kevin De Bruyne (CM, Manchester City) – 91 Overall Rating
The Belgian is just as great in FIFA 23 as he was in FPL. With a Defending rating of 64, you’ll probably want to move him to his secondary CAM position, where his scores like 94 Vision, 93 Short Passing, and 93 Long Passing can make it hard for opponents to defend against him. And when your opponents sit deep to block your passing lanes, use your 92 Shot Power and 91 Long Shots to wing shots at the goal.
#5. Lionel Messi (RW, Paris SG) – 91 Overall Rating
Messi is no longer the best player in the world, but he is still scary to play against in both Ligue 1 and FIFA 23. The numbers that stand out are 96 for calmness, 95 for dribbling, 95 for balance, and 93 for ball control. Yeah, I did say he was good.
The FIFA 23 Top 20 Players
1. Karim Benzema (CF Real Madrid) – 91
2. Robert Lewandowski (ST, Barcelona) – 91
3. Kylian Mbappé (ST, Paris SG) – 91
4. Kevin De Bruyne (CM, Manchester City) – 91
5. Lionel Messi (RW, Paris SG) – 91
6. Mohamed Salah (RW, Liverpool – 90
7. Virgil van Dijk (CB, Liverpool – 90)
8. Cristiano Ronaldo (ST, Manchester United) – 90
9. Thibaut Courtois (GK, Real Madrid) – 90
10. Manuel Neuer (GK, FC Bayern) – 90
11. Neymar Jr (LW, Paris SG) – 89
12. Son Heung-Min (LW, Tottenham) – 89
13. Sadio Mané (LM, FC Bayern) – 89
14. Joshua Kimmich (LM, FC Bayern) – 89
15. Casemiro, (CDM, Manchester United) – 89
16. Alisson (GK, Liverpool) – 89
17. Harry Kane (ST, Tottenham) – 89
18. Ederson, (GK, Manchester City) – 89
19. N’golo Kante (CDM, Chelsea) – 89
20. Jan Oblak (GK, Atlético Madrid) – 89
Who are your top players in FIFA 23? Let us know in the comments below!