Today a new update for Ark Survival Evolved has arrived, quite a chunk. You can find out what today’s patch does below.
The Ark Survival Evolved Update 2.68 is now available for download for PS4, Xbox One and PC. On the PS4 you have to download more than 20 GB, the size of the download can vary depending on the platform.
With today’s patch, the Fear Evolved 5 event will start, the Halloween event in Ark. There are special events, rewards, and more. You can find the patch notes below, details about the event (bonuses, etc.) can be found here.
Ark Survival Evolved Patch Notes 2.68
- Fear Evolved 5 is now live
- Fixed single-player flyer speed
- Reduced piercing damage from 85% to 65%.
- Players grappled now get a 20 second immunity buff from being webbed by the Bloodstalker again
- No longer unequips player’s melee weapon when webbed
- Reduced Wyvern HP gained per level by approximately 20%
- Reduced armour penetration on Lightning Wyvern beam attack by approx 20%
- Buffed Fire Wyvern right-click attack by approx 30%
- Prevented Void Wyvern from performing a right-click attack unless mounted by a rider
- Adjusted Wyvern base drag weight to match Crystal Wyverns so that they behave similarly against items that take this into consideration, such as the Net Ammo. (Therefore Fire, Lightning, and Poison Wyverns can now be netted).
- Now targetable by Plant X
- Takes reduced damage from Plant X when attached to a player
- Increased durability usage on Harpoon Gun for net ammo specifically. Cost per net fired increased by approx 250%
- Increased weight of weight ammo from 0.2 to 2.0
- Prevented being dismounted from creature when you are buffed by the Mammoth
- Mammoth war drummer now gets 40% damage mitigation whilst drumming
- Reduced the range the stun attack can target horizontally by 20%
- Increased the holding space bar jump distance by 20%
- Reduced how many targets the Shadowmane can chain stun when right-click is held to 7 targets from 15 targets
- Increased cooldown of teleport attack from 4.5 seconds to 15 seconds and each target added increases the cooldown by 2 seconds rather than 1 second – Increased the length of the immunity buff after a player has been stunned by the Shadowmane from 30 seconds to 50 seconds.
- Reduced passive creature armour from 124 to 80 and reduces its armour gained per level by 35%
Global Stun Immunity Buff
The following dismounts will now respect an overriding dismount immunity buff when the effect is created by any of the following creatures and items:
- Void Wyvern
- Flash bang (Plant Z Grenade)
- Prevented the Exo mek from filling turrets that have recently fired
- Increased Megalosaurus damage with the night time buff by approx 25%
- Increased Tek Turret HP by 100%
Quality of Life and Misc.
- Increased slots on the Industrial Grinder from 60 to 120
- Expanded the Tek Cloner register range by 3x
- Reduced Tek Surveillance Console Stack Size from 100 to 5
- Display a HUD whilst holding H with tek Glove equipped displaying player location and upload timer
- Increased Magmasaur’s smelting output by 100%
- Enabled auto-harvest on Ankylosaurus
- Enabled breeding on Rockdrakes
- Enabled breeding on Achatina
- Fixed some exploits
- Fixed a bug where TEK Stryders and MEKs would not regain health in stasis
- Fixed a bug where MEK modules would lose durability when released from cryopod
- Two new admin commands: cheat drainwater <number> and cheat drainfood <number>
- Fixed a bug where the Dedicated Storage Box would ignore stack modifiers in server config files
- Fixed a bug where caused Plant Z to no longer heal dinos
- Fixed a bug where Soap would remove textures from some structures
- Fixed a bug where Cosmetics on the Shadowmane would not retain their colour