Funcom today released the Great Isle of Sipath Update for Conan Exiles. We will have all relevant information about Patch 2.0 on September 15th.
The Conan Exiles Update 1.62 can now be downloaded and installed. The patch will appear for the PC version first, the consoles will have to be patient.
Conan Exiles Isle of Siptah Patch Notes
Temperature system overhaul!
We have reworked how building pieces and clothing affect your character environmental protection, and also improved how temperature changes are relayed to you on screen. Gone are the soothing buff and insulation and temperature protection stats, and in come Heat and Cold protections and buffs. For more information on how this works, read here!
We have normalized experience and gathering gains across the board, and making them be the new default. For how this affects you, either if you play solo, in an official server or run your own private server, read here!
Combat and PVP changes!
We are changing how healing items are consumed and work to make combat more visceral and your actions more deliberate. PVP server settings have also experienced a facelift, with new customization options, as well as a new Dynamic Building Damage setting to customize offline raiding, or disable it altogether!
For how this affects you, either if you play solo, in an official server or run your own private server, read here!
Isle of Siptah DLC expansion!
Isle of Siptah is by far the biggest addition to Conan Exiles to date. You’ll have a whole new world to explore, new legends to discover, new enemies to defeat – and a completely revamped endgame, featuring surges of magic, island vaults and a new environmental challenge: the Maelstrom.
Included in this expansion is the new Isle of Siptah, a place full of new challenges and content for you and your friends to discover. Two new building sets are also included: Flotsam and Stormglass. 3 new armor sets and new weapons, as well as the new rhino mount which will allow you to tame and ride a mighty new mount: the rhino!
For a full description of what this DLC expansion contains, check out the Steam store page! 7
Access to these new features requires owning the Isle of Siptah expansion DLC.
- New expansion DLC: Isle of Siptah!
- Temperature system overhaul!
- Progression re-balancing!
- Healing items re-balance!
- New PVP settings!
- Many exploit fixes!
- Load custom maps!
- Numerous fixes and optimizations!
- …and much, much more!
Performance and Stybility
- Fixed a number of connectivity issues.
- Improved loading times when connecting to a server.
- Added a number of server side and client side optimizations, especially in regards of the building system.
- Fixed a performance issue while playing the intro cut-scene on certain AMD hardware.
- Fixed a number of exploits that would allow a quick succession of attacks under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a number of exploits that would allow players to have infinite stamina.
- Fixed an issue that would allow stacking bonuses on thralls.
- Fixed a number of false positives in the anti-undermesh measures. This is a feature currently in testing only on Testlive official servers.
- Fixed a number of unintended locations where players could build.
- New expansion DLC: Isle of Siptah.
– A whole new map full of content, points of interest, crafting materials, fiends and secrets to unravel.
– New building (Flotsam and Stormglass), 3 craftable armor sets and new weapons.
– New endgame gameplay mechanics, such as the Surge, Elder Vaults and Sigil for you and your clan to experience and master.
– Rhino saddle, allowing you to tame and ride a mighty new mount.
- Temperature system overhaul.
– All clothes and armor now have two stats – Heat Resistance and Cold Resistance.
– Added indicators for a better representation of temperature changes in-game.
– Removed soothing buff, and simplified temperature de-buffs.
- PVP settings overhaul. They can now be adjusted per each day.
- New Dynamic Building Damage setting. If enabled, buildings can only be damaged as long as the building owner (clan or individual) is online or after a certain period when logging off.
- Added the ability to load custom maps.
- Added a new options in game settings to disable camera shake.
- Fixed an issue where bonus recipes provided by blacksmith and carpenter Thralls were not available in crafting stations.
AI & Thrall Fixes
- Horses would become hostile towards everything under specific circumstances. We said neigh to that.
- Fixed an issue where followers’ chase and attack distances are reset upon session restart.
- Followers should no longer teleport inside the map geometry when the player is climbing a surface.
- Certain enemy NPCs in the Dagon dungeon and Midnight Grove can no longer hurt other NPCs with their AoE attacks.
- Fixed a number of remaining hate list issues with world NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where thralls would get stuck switching weapons.
- Fixed an issue where scouting thralls could be damaged in unintended situations.
- Journey Steps now provide less experience.
- Combat and gathering now provide more experience and resources.
- Removed legacy healing effects from beverages and food. You can only heal now with dedicated healing items and potions.
- Aloe Potions (potions) and Wraps (bandages) both now have animation requirements for their gameplay effects to trigger.
- Potions now have a short animation before their effect is triggered and bandages have their effect applied continuously.
- Being hot will increase your thirst-rate and at Extremely Hot, you will start taking damage over time and have a Stamina-cost penalty on your actions.
- Being cold will increase your hunger-rate and at Extremely Cold, you will start taking damage over time and suffer a Stamina-cost penalty on your actions.
- Items can now be used while placed in containers.
- Fixed an issue that would cause temperature resistances from building pieces to not be re-applied after a server restart, which could lead to player characters death on logging in. Yes, finally.
- Fixed an issue where more than one avatar could be summoned at once.
- Pet models in animal pens should no longer switch places and disappear after reloading the area.
- Player characters should no longer be able to be killed while teleporting.
- Removed soothing buff.
Animation and Cinematic Fixes
- Certain big enemies and bosses would flinch hysterically when being hit. We asked them to tone it down a bit.
- Fixed an issue with the horse dismounting animation.
- Fixed a number of issues with riding animations.
UI & Text Fixes
- Friends list should now be accessible with a controller or arrow keys.
- Removed the Barbarian Edition button from the main menu.
- Added new PVP settings and sliders to the Settings menu, under the general tab.