Phoenix Labs have released the official patch notes for the new Dauntless Update 1.5.0. Below you will find the full patch notes on December 3.
The Dauntless Update 1.43 can now be downloaded and installed. You have to download and install a total of 1,6 GB. Depending on the platform, the size of the download can vary.
Dauntless Patch Notes 1.5.0 / PS4 1.43
NEW TO DAUNTLESS
The Hunting Grounds are Dauntless’ biggest and most ambitious hunt experience yet, designed from the ground up to provide you with an endless stream of action and activities. The Hunting Grounds currently offer 18 islands to explore, brimming with flora, fauna, treasures to discover, and — of course — fearsome Behemoths.
Don’t forget your glider, Slayer …
One of the biggest changes in Dauntless Reforged is the Slayer’s Path. The Slayer’s Path is an all-new branching progression system that lets you choose your path through the Shattered Isles.
Use rams, merits, and effort to unlock every milestone and node on the Slayer’s Path and achieve true Master Slayer status.
Armour and weapon progression has been completely reworked in Dauntless Reforged. Incremental upgrades have been replaced by a tier system that makes items more immediately useful. Dauntless Reforged also introduces weapon skill levels, reforging, and power surging: new ways to take control of your power score and unlock your gear’s true potential.
Learn more about weapon and armour changes in the Slayer’s Path blog.
COLD FRONT HUNT PASS
Winter is settling in, and we hope you’re ready for a cold one, Slayer.
The Cold Front Hunt Pass offers two brand-new sets of armour skins and two fresh rumour quest chains. Complete a rumour’s requirements to unlock unique cosmetics.
Don the armour of the mysterious Frost Wardens and face the frigid winds of winter head-on. You may even meet one of them in the field …
- Fixed a bug where Agaruses were displaying improper textures on Nintendo Switch and at longer distances on other platforms.
- Fixed a bug where the animation lock for firing blocked input all the way back to idle. Dodging and abilities can once again be used during the return-to-idle phase.
- Fixed a bug where players using repeaters could not dodge, activate abilities, or reload without releasing the firing input. These inputs will now buffer, activating after a shot’s animation lock, and taking priority over starting another shot.
- Fixed a bug where players could not sprint if sprinting and legendary ability activation were mapped to the same input.
QUALITY OF LIFE
We’ve seen the call for build variation and a dampening of power creep from players. We’re laying the foundation for improvements with Dauntless Reforged, and we can’t wait to continue working on these areas.
- Modified the damage curves that control how much damage you deal and take from Behemoths based on your power versus their power. Small power/resistance differences between you and the Behemoth will matter more than before. This means you will do much more damage to Behemoths that have a significantly lower power score than you, but you will also take much more damage from Behemoths that have a significantly higher power score than you.
- Weapons and armour have a much larger portion of their effects transferred to elemental damage/resistance. This will play a big part in decisions around builds and build diversity.
- Sturdy cell effect cooldown reduced to 30/25/20/15/10/5 seconds (previously 120/100/80/60/40/15) for ranks +1/+2/+3/+4/+5/+6.
- Exotic schematics and heroic dyes no longer drop on hunts. They will be reintroduced in a future patch with a new source — one that isn’t based entirely on RNG. Stay tuned for more info!
- We have modified most of the requirements to craft weapons and armour. Orbs and arcstones are no longer required and Behemoth part requirements have been modified. In general, crafting gear will now require regular parts, while power surging gear will require rare parts, epic parts, and aetherhearts.
- Elite Hunt Passes no longer provide bonus Behemoth loot and part drops.
- Cells no longer drop from Behemoths, but cell cores can now be earned through island events or looted from Hunting Grounds treasure chests.
- Daily bounty tokens have been increased to 4 (from 2) and moved to the daily coin flip in Ramsgate Bazaar. Remember to collect them daily!
- The daily coin flip now resets every day at 10 a.m. PT instead of 23 hours after your last flip.
- Added more connecting ropes to Xeyla’s rope bridge. We take safety seriously in Ramsgate and even Farslayers must abide by work safe regulations.
- Removed Mastery objectives that are no longer achievable in Dauntless Reforged (e.g. upgrading gear to +5 and +10). These objectives have been replaced with additional ranks in the experience objectives (more checkboxes under the experience section of a Mastery card). This will not affect your overall Mastery levels.
- Changed numerous Mastery rewards to new progression items such as merits.
- The “N” hotkey on PC now opens the Slayer’s Path.
- The Mastery menu is only accessible through the Main Menu.
- Terra Behemoths no longer appear in Shock Escalation.
- Reduced the Escalation power boost per level from 6 to 2. This is to compensate for stronger damage curves in Dauntless Reforged. The resulting damage boost should feel the same as before.
- Escalation power boost has been removed from non-Escalation hunts to prevent power creep.
- While in the Training Grounds, performing Pike Blast will now correctly update the UI move checklist.
- Surveys now show the correct number of answers.
- Fixed a bug where selecting “Not now” on a survey wouldn’t stop that survey from showing up again.
- Fixed clipping issues between the skirt and ribbon on the Mechaetheric Boltplate skin.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when loading between locations.
- Fixed an occasional crash that occurred when travelling to the Training Grounds.