The developers of Dauntless have released the new update 1.2.2 today, we have the full patch notes for this patch on May 1st.
The Dauntless Update 1.27 is now available for download for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. You have to download a total of 1.1 GB, the size of the download may vary depending on the platform.
With update 1.2.2 the new hunting pass “renegade elements” is added, there are also some optimizations and bug fixes.
Dauntless Patch Notes 1.2.2 / Update 1.27
NEW TO DAUNTLESS
New Hunt Pass. Join the Renegades in the new Hunt Pass, Rogue Elements.
Skarn changes. Skarn’s armour created a hugely different experience depending on your weapon. We’re adjusting how various damage types interact with armour to give Skarn more consistent gameplay, making the encounter more approachable for non-stagger users, and preventing stagger uses from near-permanently stunlocking our favorite rock chonk.
- Increased cutting and piercing damage dealt to armour from 25% part / 33% core to 75% each.
- Normalized blunt damage to armour from 125% part / 50% core to 100% each.
- Increased armoured part health from 1.5% of max health to 3% of max health.
- Breaking armoured parts no longer staggers Skarn.
Additionally, Skarn’s stone spire attack is now a line of spires that track towards the player. It’s more telegraphed, but also more dangerous. Please do not touch the chonky rock.
We’ve also made some changes to the Whirling Fortress attack, to give it clearer counterplay. Dodging, running, and interrupting are more viable and easier to execute.
- As the spin starts, players are briefly pulled off the ground towards the Skarn
- The interrupt indicator is more clearly visible, indicating when a Skarn is interruptible.
- Dodging away from the pull no longer causes you to be pulled back further
Lesser Gnasher changes. Lesser Gnasher has a couple of new attacks, and received mild tuning on the rest of its kit. The new behavior is designed to be a bit more exciting, to feel more fair, and to provide more windows to counterattack.
- Flight of Ruin (axe special) can now generate lantern charge and life steal, as well as trigger certain on-next-hit effects. This also prevents a case where it could gain the benefits of some effects (such as Hellion weapon unique effects) without consuming them.
- Daily Bonus Cores are now more likely to contain an emote, and can contain Ace Chips or Vault Coins.
- Nayzaga sword and chain blades now heal for a flat amount of health on part break, rather than providing lifesteal on already broken parts.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Keyboard users can now hold ‘R’ to craft multiple consumables at once.
- The default keybinding for the Hunt screen is now ‘H’, and matchmaking status is now ‘M’.
- The default action for the emote wheel is now flare when on a hunt.
- Helms will now automatically hide when previewing face paints or hair tints on the Hunt Pass screen.
- Fixed a sigil alignment problem with the Arc of Exocrul banner. Your sigil should now appear correctly no matter which side you’re viewing the banner from.
- Icons for Escalation amps have been updated.
- Improved the way that non-English language text displays to avoid overlap with UI elements.
- It is no longer possible to buy an escalation buff if you already have one.
- Players can now select a “Random” option for Hunt Arrivals, which will choose a random Hunt Arrival from those owned.
- Timers for boosts now show the days AND hours remaining when the time remaining is greater than a day.
- Improvements to performance on Nintendo Switch.
- Improvements the way that nameplates are displayed.
- Optimization of some materials, VFX particles, and grass.
- Optimization of game servers to reduce CPU usage.
OBJECTIVE TRACKER IMPROVEMENTS
Improved iconography. New icons for main quests, side quests, and crafting lists make it easier to understand what you’re tracking.
Clearer crafting lists. We’ve also made it easier to see which components you’re looking for.
Better messaging. The tracker now shows when you have a quest to redeem, start, or an item that’s now ready to craft or upgrade. Text for this HUD is now easier to read, and progress is always displayed even when an objective is completed.
- Fixed a bug that was locking Slayers out of the Amateur Alchemist quest.
- Fixed a bug where the motion blur settings could reset when entering Ramsgate or starting a hunt. Motion blur setting changes will only be applied on the next transition (entering a hunt, or returning to Ramsgate). This behaviour will be addressed in a future patch.
- Fixed a bug where players could appear to walk improperly when entering Ramsgate.
- Fixed a bug where the framerate could be locked at 30 FPS after a cinematic finished playing.
- Improvements to certain areas in islands to prevent floating trees, and to remove a hole in a particular cliff.
- Fixed a bug that caused particle effects from Shrike weapon unique effects to linger for too long.
- Fixed a bug where player nameplates were sometimes visible through the End of Hunt screen.
- Fireballs that collide with terrain now explode immediately instead of after a delay.
- Fixed a bug that caused Shrike weapons to deal less bonus damage and bonus part damage than intended.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Malkarion legendary ability to teleport you to a random location.
- Using the Koshai lantern hold ability to dash through damaging obstacles (e.g. Stormclaw fences) will no longer cause you to take damage.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent Stormclaw weapon unique effects from activating when dodging through attacks.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Torgadoro to become stuck on its perch.
- Fixed a bug where successfully parrying during the initial activation of Avenging Overdrive (sword special) would allow it to be instantly reactivated.
- Fixed a spot in Blaze Escalation where players could not be hit.
- Fixed a visual glitch that could occur when switching between item previews in the Hunt Pass.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a single ram to appear as the reward in the Daily Bonus Core.
- Fixed a bug that could cause loading screen text to be obscured by a button when using certain display resolutions in non-English languages.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a failure when attempting to open multiple cores.
- Fixed a bug where the Torgadoro repeater barrel was missing from the repeater crafting menu.
- Disabling subtitles no longer disables tutorial prompts (e.g. “Press [Space Bar] to dodge”).
- Twin Suns (exotic repeaters) move list no longer shows incorrect secondary/special moves.
- Fixed a bug where the daily Hunt Pass collectibles HUD notification would show an incorrect number.
- Fixed a bug that could cause mastery level popups to display twice.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the mouse from responding while the Message Of The Day was visible, if the game was minimized during startup.
- Fixed a bug in the airship that could cause the Behemoth image, elemental breakdown, and recommended gear rating to be missing or incorrect.
- Improved party system UI.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the escalation buff to appear on the airship when not in an escalation hunt.
- Fixed a bug that prevented dyes from correctly applying to armour.
- Slayers with facial hair will no longer see their beards clip through the Skyfighter Mask.
- Fixed a bug that could cause certain armour pieces to disappear in the presence of VFX.
- Fixed a bug that caused jingling sounds to persist after unequipping the Silver Nikola armour skin or Frostfall Bells helm skin.
- Chest armour now hides correctly.
- Improved the way that armour pieces interact on the player model.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when an audio device was lost or changed.