Ghost Ship Games released a new update for Deep Rock Galactic – Update 34. We show you the full patch notes from April 22.
The Deep Rock Galactic update 34 can now be downloaded. We do not yet know whether a comparable update has been released for Xbox players.
Deep Rock Galactic Update 34
Elite enemies are tougher, faster, more dangerous versions of the standard bugs that you already know and love (to kill). They have a small chance of appearing in regular missions at Hazard Level 3 and above, so consider it a special occasion when you encounter one!
New dangers have been discovered in the caves!
Missions with this Warning will have a sure-fire chance of you encountering elite enemies.
A tsunami of swarmers awaits you in the mines. Bring plenty of pesticide and bullets!
DOUBLE WARNINGS – DOUBLE THE FUN
An innovation committee assigned by management has tried to answer the following question: ‘What novel and unique new initiatives can we introduce to boost company profit?’ After many ideation sessions, workshops, and off-sites, they finally have the answer: Missions with two warnings instead of one!
Gather a team of fellow miners and try your hand at this extreme challenge. Prove that you are the toughest among all miners and that you eat regular Single Warning missions for breakfast. Rock and Stone!
NB! Missions with double warnings are deemed so challenging that they have been excluded from Deep Dives and Assignments.
Are you frustrated with the current controller bindings? Do you feel that your mining performance could improve if you could just map the actions differently? Do you want more from your controller experience? Have we got some news for you! With the new option to rebind actions on your controller, you can finally get the unique layout that is just right for you.
IMPROVED BULLET TRACING
How shooting is handled in terms of networking has been remarkably optimized. The result should be a more instantaneous response when firing projectiles. And projectiles now use much less bandwidth!
SAVE GAME PROFILES
Now you have the option to manage different save game profiles if you’re playing with mods (or for any other reason of your choosing) so you can have a separate save for messing around. This feature was originally planned as a part of a larger modding support solution for this update, but we decided to postpone it and release it separately later. We are planning a more comprehensive and improved solution for letting mods into the main game and we will reveal more details as this project progresses. Stay tuned!
Note: We discovered an issue with the save game profile feature right before launch, we have disabled the feature for now but will enable it as soon as we introduce a hotfix for this.
The lads at R&D have been hard at work improving the balance of the weapons, overclocks, and mods in the game based on . Here are the changes:
BRT7 Burst Fire Gun
- Increased damage of base weapon
- Moved some of the bonus of the Disabled Safety mod to the base weapon
- Lowered the bonus of the Disabled Safety mod slightly
- Decreased the ammo penalty of the Experimental Rounds OC
- Changed the damage penalty of the Micro Flechettes OC from a percentage to a set value
BRT7 Electro Minelets OC
- Significantly extended the electrocution duration
- Decreased damage penalty
- Increased the magazine penalty
- Extended the minelet lifetime
Bulldog Heavy Revolver
- Moved some of the damage bonus of the Increased Caliber Rounds mod to the base weapon 5
- Moved some of the damage bonus of the High Velocity Rounds mod to the base weapon 5
- Moved some of the bonus of the Hollow-Point Bullets mod to the base weapon 0.15
- Greatly increased the chance of Chain-Hit OC triggering
- Significantly lowered the damage penalty of Volatile bullets OC
- Lowered the ammo bonus of Six Shooter OC
- Lowered the rate of fire bonus of Six Shooter OC
- Increased the max possible damage bonus of Homebrew Powder OC
- Lowered the min possible damage of Homebrew Powder OC
- Changed the Homebrew Powder OC classification from Clean to Balanced
- Slightly decreased the ammo penalty of Elephant Rounds OC
- Increased base weapon damage
- Decreased the base weakpoint damage bonus
- Decreased the bonus of the Hollow-Point Bullets mod
- Moved some of the bonus of the Fast-charging Coils mod to the base weapon
- Moved the Hardened Rounds mod from T4 to T2
- Increased the range and power of the Focus Fear mod
- Changed the ammo bonus of the Minimal Clips OC to a % clip size bonus
- Decreased slightly the ammo and charge speed penalties on the Supercooling Chamber OC
- Changed the damage penalty of the Hipster OC from a % to a flat value to allow a high damage build to hit certain breakpoints and increased the ammo bonus a bit
- Tweaked the crosshair to help with focus shots and hipshots
- Lowered the damage penalty of the Electric Reload OC and significantly extended the duration of the electrocution effect
- Lowered the recoil penalty of the Overclocked Firing Mechanism OC
- Increased base ammo slightly
Experimental Charge Blaster
- Rearranged some of the mods to provide more interesting choices
- Moved the Reactive Shockwave mod to T4
- Moved the Expanded Plasma Splash to T4
- Moved the Heat Shield mod to T2
- Improved recoil recovery a tiny bit (community request, you know who you are)
- Significantly lowered the heat generated when shooting charged projectiles on the base weapon
- Lowered the base charge speed slightly
- Cleaned up the weapon’s stats list in the equipment terminal
- Added a % damage bonus and increased the effect radius penalty on Flying Nightmare
- Heat Pipe OC now penalises charge shot heat instead of normal shots
- Lowered the charge shot ammo penalty on the Overcharger OC and changed it from a % to a flat value
- Lowered the damage penalty of the Persistent Plasma OC, increased the damage dealt by the plasma field and added a small slow effect to the field
- Increased the speed bonus of the Improved Case Ejector mod
- Increased the damage dealt by the plasma field from the Explosive Goodby mod and added a slight slow effect to any enemy caught in the field
- Removed the ammo penalty from the Inferno OC
- Reduced the damage penalty of the Spinning Death OC
Stubby Voltaic SMG
- Reduced the base recoil slightly
Stubby Turret Arc OC
- Increased the max distance allowed between turrets for the arc to connect
- Increased the damage of the arc
- Increased the slowdown of the arc
- Extended the duration of the arc
- Expanded the area around an electrocuted turret where enemies can get electrocuted
- Turret Arc now deals significantly less FF damage and no longer slows down players
Stubby EM Discharge OC
- Increased the discharge damage
- Extended the range before damage begins to fall off
- Lowered friendly fire damage significantly
- Reduced the damage penalty of the OC
- Changed the electrocute chance penalty to a small magazine size penalty
- Increased the spread per shot bonus of the Recoil Compensator mod
- Reduced the Rate of Fire penalty of the Tranq. Rounds OC
- Increased the proc chance of the Chain Hit OC
- Added a weakpoint damage bonus to the base weapon
- Moved some of the ammo bonus from the T4 Expanded Ammo Bags mod to the base weapon
- Reduced the base spread slightly
- Increased the spread reduction provided by the Better Weight Balance mod
- Changed the damage penalty on the Custom Casings OC to a RoF penalty
- Increased the chance to create a cryo minelet with the Cryo Minelets OC and reduced the particle system a bit, which should help with both performance and visibility
- Upgraded the T3 Stun mod to also improve the chance to stun and add extend the stun duration even more
- Fixed the stats not displaying the stun chance as a “Per Pellet” value
- Lowered the penalty on the Shaped Shells OC and increased the accuracy bonus
- Slightly increased the bonus provided by the Improved Pump mod
- Changed Perfectly Tuned Cooler OC to a balanced OC giving it small Chargeup Time and Pressure Regain penalties, also renamed it to “Tuned Cooler”.
- The Ice Storm OC now has an extra damage bonus against frozen targets but comes with a slightly larger ammo penalty
- Improved the chance of the “It Burns!” mod to cause fear.
- Moved some of the damage bonus of the Unfiltered Fuel mod to the base weapon
- Added an ammo bonus and a small reload penalty to the Compact Feed Valves OC
- Increased the damage and RoF bonuses of the Face Melter OC and replaced the ammo penalty with a range penalty and replaced the movement speed penalty with a tank capacity penalty
- Extended the range at which damage fall off starts and reduced max damage falloff significantly
- Increased the damage bonus from the HE Compound mod
- Decreased the ammo bonus from the T2 Expanded Ammo Bags mod
- Moved the High Velocity Grenades mod from T2 to T3
- Added a small % explosion range bonus to the Proximity Trigger mod
- Increased the damage penalty from the RJ250 OC and added a high reload speed bonus and a large % ammo bonus
- Increased the ammo bonus of the Compact Rounds OC
Lead Storm Powered Minigun
- Reduced the cooling effect of the Cold as the Grave mod
- The Aggressive Venting mod now significantly reduces the time it takes to recover from an overheat
- Moved some of the bonus of the Improved Platform Stability mod to the base weapon
- The Magnetic Refrigeration mod now also significantly reduces the delay before cooling begins
- Fixed a bug where the small delay between shooting and cooling was not actually happening
- Reduced base stun chance
- Added a stun chance bonus and increased the stun duration bonus on the Stun Duration mod also renamed it to “Improved Stun”
- Shortened the base spin-down time and increased the bonus of the Magnetic Bearings mod, also the mod now properly affects how long the gun stays accurate
- Increased the ricochet chance significantly and extended the max ricochet distance a bit for the Bullet Hell OC
- Leadstorm OC no longer disables stun but instead just significantly reduces it’s viability so now the Improved Stun mod can actually affect it
- Reduced the damage bonus of the Feedback Loop mod
- Increased the RoF bonus of the Improved Gas System mod
- Moved some of the bonus of the Lighter Barrel Assembly mod to the base weapon
- Increased the direct damage penalty and slightly reduced the effect radius bonus on the Carpet Bomber OC
- Reduced the direct and area damage penalties slightly, extended the effect radius and increased the chance to apply the toxin effect for the Newutoroxin Payload OC
- Replaced the reload speed bonus with a “rate of fire growth speed” bonus on the Combat Mobility OC
Warthog Auto 120 Shotgun
- Reduced the bonus of the High Capacity Magazine mod
- Very slightly increased the bonus of the Expanded ammo bags mod
Warthog Turret Whip mod
Reduced the ammo cost of triggering the effect
Increased the projectile speed
Increased the damage radius
Very slightly reduced the ammo bonus of the Minishells OC
Reduced the ammo bonus of the Light-weight Magazines OC
Driller’s HE Grenade
- Increased damage
- Reduced damage fall-off
- Expanded the max damage area a bit
- Increased the grenade count
- Fixed pathfinder related crashes
- Fixed crash when you join a game
- Fixed Promotion Terminal not always displaying the selected character
- Fixed issue with bosco terminal not closing correctly when using controller shortcut
- Fixed droppod can land too close to Machine events, prevent mission completion.
- Fixed being unable to unlock perks by pressing E
- Fixing a bug, where you could cancel the join process, even though you could not.
- Fixed case of tunnel not connecting correctly to the next cave.
- Fixed case where the escort oil canister moved to level start when client with bad ping picked it up
- Fixed a case where you could get extra secondary objective items with certain warnings (Shield Disruption).
- Attempt to fix gunkseed in 0,0,0
- Tried to fix a latejoin issue relating to bosco carrying gems.
- Tons of minor UI tweaks on fonts, spacing, and styling
- Space Rig mesh tweaks
- Wardrobe sound mix tweaks.
- Improved Well placement in Refinery Mission. Less chance to miss placing a well.
- Reduced how aggressively refueling requirements scale based on the number of players in Escort missions
- Increased the average DPS of the Fire DoT a bit and also made it a little more consistent.
- Slowed down slightly how quickly a player can change directions on the zipline
- Increased zipline base angle and the bonus of the Upgraded Connection Joint mod
- PGL grenades and Platform Gun projectiles now inherit the character’s velocity making it easier to use them while falling or otherwise moving at great speed
- Made walking enemies that can shoot more likely to target players on ziplines
- Grass now moves when the dwarves walk through it.
- DX12 enabled by default. If you have issues running DX12, you can still change it to DX11
- Made a large amount of strings easier to translate
- Fixed UI issues in bar order menu, added Unfreeze UI to HUD when frozen by Wormhole Special beer
- Minerals mined with explosions now get a distance proportionate force applied to them so they don’t just plop down.
- Stay up to date with the brand new news feed ticker added to The Mineral Trade
- Steeve’s Healthbar now also shows the player name of the Beastmaster