Erik Asmussen has released a new update for Factory Town. Below are the full patch notes for this September 9 update.
The Factory Town Campaign Update is now available for download. The patch adds new Interface Option, new Biome Chunky Islands and some bug fixes.
Factory Town Patch Notes September 9
Added a lot of things from players’ feature wishlists that will help make it easier to move items around the map and between production zones! Here are some highlights:
You can now select multiple items in a single filter! Just shift+click to add more items (or right-click to open a menu, and hit “Include”). The item, worker, or train will pass if it matches (or is holding) any of the selected items.
Advanced Filtering Options
You can also set some advanced conditions on your item filters. Right-click on the icon to open an options menu. Now you can set an item as “Exclude” and the item will NOT pass if it matches that condition. You can Exclude a whole category like “Fruit”. And you can even stack these together on the same filter – include or exclude as many items as you want.
Similarly you can “Require” an item. This option appears on Logistic Block filters, and is useful if you had a train that must have two or more specific item types. So it works like an ‘And’.
You can also specify if your filter should only include the Packed version of an item, or the Unpacked version (or keep default behavior, which allows either).
This shows several different advanced filters working simultaneously:
Note that single inventory slots can still only be assigned a single specific item. These advanced options apply to the top-level item filter of the worker, building, or block. The game will consider both inventory slot restrictions as well as top-level item filters when determining if an item can be transferred.
The new Merge block is the opposite of a Splitter. It will combine items onto a single belt, evenly combining them based on the direction they’re coming from. You can even assign a specific ratio of input directions (so you can have a 2 : 1 belt merge, or a 1 : 1 : 2, for instance). It will automatically ignore directions that don’t have an input path.
Terrain Texture Painting
In Creative mode, you can now paint textures onto the terrain, giving you more options for your custom maps! Right now only the basic 4 textures are available (Grass, Deep Grass, Sand, and Rock) but I hope to add more later. Use it to create something more realistic (or not)
Here’s the full patch notes:
- Added Multi-item filters, with the ability to flag items as packed only/unpacked only (or both), exclude items, require items (for testing worker units that can carry multiple types)
- More objects have top-level Item Filter – Train Stops, Fuel Loaders, Minecart Loaders, and all worker units
- Added Merge block that only allows a balanced number of items into the block from different directions. Works as 2-way or 3-way balancer. Default ratios are 1:1 but you can specify different ratios for the straight, left, and right input directions.
- Added Natural Resource config to the Edit Rules menu. Can change display name, as well as a “Preserve When Depleted” flag that, if enabled, will re-plant the crop (or preserve a ‘depleted’ form of the ore/mineral) once all the resources have been harvested from it – whether or not there is a linked production building.
- Added terrain texture painting in Creative mode, and painted previous campaign maps
- Train cars will now merge their filter with the Engine’s item filter – previously it would just override it. Exclude flag can be used in cases where player doesn’t want an item into a train car that the engine’s filter would otherwise include
- Can no longer move Storage buildings (barn, base, rail depot, silo, crate) if they have inventory items in them.
- New global rule: “Allow Storage Moving” which prevents players from moving storage buildings that contain items. In creative mode, this rule doesn’t apply. You can still move empty storage buildings at any time.
- Steam Locomotives will move (slowly) even when they are out of fuel or water
- Minecarts can now load and unload at Minecart Loaders (previously, Rail Loaders) even if they are part of a Train.
- Opening the Text / Number input panel won’t deselect the active item
- Improved icon for Splitter
- Right-click actions now only count full click down + release (not just right-click-down)
- Fishing boats now have a fixed top-level filter of ‘Fish’, rather than an assigned Fish type on its inventory slot (for consistency)
- Train Cars will show parent filter (based on train Locomotive) in display-only format on their selection panel
- Steam Locomotives show an alert when they are missing fuel or water
- Can toggle overhead view on or off without changing build object
- Fixed bug: Display bug where objects were invisible on OSX (by changing default graphics API from Metal to OpenGL)
- Fixed bug: natural resources showing a blank ‘Inputs’ row on item hover tooltip
- Fixed bug: could click outside of Edit Rules menu when creating new game to be left with blank UI
- Fixed bug: Object Labels would still be shown on path and logic blocks even if turned off in preferences
- Fixed bug: Was not activating Mining layer when using Prospecting or Mine Shaft tools, which resulted in confusing behavior and error messages
- Fixed bug: Water, Steam, and Omni connectors would produce items even if active state set to Off
- Fixed bug: Water and Steam connectors were missing ‘In+Out’ access type (Mana Connectors intentionally do not have this, for now)