Square Enix has released the patch notes for the new Final Fantasy XIV update. Below you will find the complete patch notes for this update on February 18.
The Final Fantasy XIV Update 8.24 can now be downloaded for PC and PS4. The update includes new quests and a lot more. It also fixes some bugs in the game.
Final Fantasy XIV Update Version 8.24 Patch Notes
* Additional features will be implemented in future updates:
Ishgardian Restoration updates are scheduled to be released in Patch 5.21.
Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr and Skysteel tools are scheduled to be released in Patch 5.25.
- The following issues have been addressed.
- An issue in the main scenario quest “Return of the Bull” wherein, under certain circumstances, the duty could not be completed.
- An issue during the battle with the demon wall in Amdapor Keep wherein, under circumstances, players would be returned to the entrance of the room.
* In accordance with this fix, the demon wall’s Repel knockback effect can no longer be negated.
* Updated 2/17/2020 11:00 p.m. (PST)
- An issue in the Bowl of Embers (Hard) wherein Hellfire could be prevented by stunning Ifrit.
- An issue in Borderland Ruins (Secure) wherein the map icons for interceptor drones and interceptor nodes were identical.
- An issue in Onsal Hakair (Danshig Naadam) wherein, upon returning to the player’s starting point, symbols for unactivated ovoos were displayed as complete.
- An issue in Trust dungeons wherein using the ninja action Trick Attack immediately after Ryne uses Trick Attack caused the buff timer to stop counting down for several seconds.
- An issue wherein the player character’s facial expression would not change when performing certain dragoon actions.
- An issue wherein the help text for certain actions was incorrect.
- An issue wherein changing to another job immediately after defeating an enemy would, under certain conditions, grant experience points to the job to which the player changed, rather than the one used to defeat the enemy.
- An issue wherein certain weaver recipes had their maximum starting quality incorrectly displayed as 50% instead of 75%.
- An issue wherein the Storm Storage Bench appeared under the wrong category while previewing indoor furnishings.
- An issue wherein using the “Copy Item Name” subcommand from the chat log and pasting it into the chat text entry field would cause the game to freeze. (PlayStation®4 version only)
- An issue wherein the game could not be run in DirectX® 11 mode with certain combinations of gamepads and drivers.
A full list of all new content can be found directly at Square Enix, right here.