Ubisoft released a new update for For Honor today. Below you can find the complete patch notes on September 17.
The For Honor Update 2.22.0 can now be downloaded and installed for all platforms. The size of the download is between 1.7 and 2 GB, depending on the platform.
With today’s patch, the new Belvedere map is added and there are improvements and bug fixes.
For Honor Patch Notes 2.22.0
NEW MAP: THE BELVEDERE
- After entering a Wu Lin pavilion, one may discover a Belvedere with a scenic view. Time to duel in this brand-new map!
- This new map is available in Duel, Brawl and Ranked Duel
Developer’s Comment: Time to bring your hero’s customization to the next level! No more distinctions between Attacker, Defender or Neutral colors: you can now wear any color palette you want, no matter which team you are in!
To support this update, we’ve made major changes to the User Interface. You will always be in the blue team following this patch. This smoothens identification: blue elements are always your team’s; orange elements are always the enemies’. We’ve also added an outline to your teammates so you can spot them in the blink of an eye on the battlefield and plan your next moves.
Please visit our blog post for more details on this update!
- Removed the Neutral/Attacker/Defender color palettes tabs. All color palettes are available in the same page and can be used in any game mode, no matter which team you are in. The neutral customization of each loadout will be kept once the patch is released
- You will now be in the blue team from now on, even if you are playing Attackers
- Added an outline to your teammates, visible at all times. This outline can be turned off in the User Interface option
- Teammates’ names are always displayed on-screen
- Health bars are now team colored
- Enemies detailed information (Name, Health, Stamina) is only displayed when engaged in a fight with them
- Players revealed by Feats or the Oracle Offering in Tribute will be shown as team colored outline and fill
- Players bearing Offerings in Tribute or the War Banner in Breach will now be shown with a team colored flashing fill
- Changed the default color for non-customized character to “Radioactive Decay”. The “Exotic” palette will still be unlocked by default
- Replaced all dodges effects with a new “dodge shadow effect” for all Heroes
- All the Heroes now have their own base avatar when they dodge
Capture Zone A
- The back staircases leading up to the zone have been doubled in width along with the extension of the capture zone area itself, which removes the path that ran along behind
- A brasero has been added in the middle of the Capture Zone area, which will protect Players from the Ballista
Capture Zone C
- The entire 2nd floor is no longer part of Capture Zone C anymore. Instead, the 1st floor now is, and has been enlarged considerably
- The outdoor balcony area has been reduced in size
- The interior staircases leading to the outdoor balcony area (from spawn) have been widened by 0.5m
- Ziplines have been added at each tower, to the left and right of the 2nd floor Ballista, connecting to the Lower Ruins
- Ballista sightlines have been tweaked
- The duel arena located in the Defender Courtyard has been moved to the 1st floor of the Tower Interior
- The trap door located on the Exterior Roof of the tower has been removed
- The brawl arena has been moved from the Tower to the Defender Courtyardr
Developer’s Comment: Sentinel is the map that introduced Ballistas into PvP gameplay in For Honor. Its original design intent was to maximise the use of the Ballistas on the battlefield. Although it provided a very unique experience compared to other maps, it over-relied on camping strategies and navigation between objectives became secondary. With this update we wanted to bring speed and ease of navigation between objectives back to the forefront. It wasn’t our intention to simply remove the Ballistas but make them less attractive as a main strategy.
Capture Zone A was not only one of the smallest Capture Zones in the game but also one of the most dangerous ones, with a prominent ledge and in direct line-of-sight from a Ballista. The back area of the zone was also very underutilized. The new open space allows Players to further distance themselves from the ledge and now provides added cover from the opposing Ballista. The other important change is that the run-distances between the Mid-Lane and Capture Zone C have been shortened considerably by moving the capture area to the entire first floor. Which in turn, no longer allows Players to interact with the ballista on the 2nd floor while still holding the zone. Our aim is to have the Ballista be a choice to consider and not a default action. Up until now, those who were using the ballista but no longer had any targets in sight, felt trapped on the 2nd floor with no easy means to move on to another area. This is where the newly added ziplines come in handy. Enjoy!
- Removed the doors at the entrance into the Tomb at Capture Zone A
- Replaced the standing torches near the two outdoor pillars with wall torches
- Closed off a ledge on the deck of the Trireme (Mid-lane). Dominion only
Capture Zone C
- The staircase entrance, coming from the Attacker spawn, has been doubled in width
- The actual zone has now also been extended in to the dual-entry corridor
- All Bots should now have improved Stamina management behaviors when fighting in the lane, stopping to regain Stamina before going Out of Stamina and, if Out of Stamina, waiting to have Stamina again before resuming their attacks
- Decreased the amount of placement matches to 8 (from 15)
- Orders are now accessible in the pause menu. The LB shortcut in the World Map is still active
Developer’s Comment: We’ve made Orders accessible from anywhere, as it can be useful to have a reminder of what you need do to complete your currently selected Orders before or even during a match. Please note that Orders will not progress in the menu while a game is ongoing as the update is done at the end of the match.
- Improved the Podium User Interface to better showcase player’s names and emblems
- Added new icons for players above Reputation 100 and Reputation 1000
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused most Heroes Feint visual effect to be missing or have very low visibility
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warden’s Side Light Combo animation to skip some frames
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Hitokiri’s “Rei Kick” to be undodgeable if the kick is done on the right after a light attack
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an inconsistency that caused Centurion’s fully charged Jab after a Heavy Finisher to have a tighter dodge window than intended
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Shugoki’s Guard Break counter window was 200ms rather than 300ms
- [Bug Fix] Fixed issue in Duel that allowed players to sometime pass through fire
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some Modifiers to not be displayed in the User Interface
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Hitokiri to be missing effort grunts on certain moves
- [Bug Fix] Fixed issue that caused a white flash when opening and closing the social menu during the faceoff
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warden’s “Vengeful Instigator Helm” to be slightly offset
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shaolin “Qiongqi Chest” side pads to move
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused to “Horkos Sigil” effect to not always play properly
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that cause the Hitokiri’s “Kamaitachi” execution to be missing visual effects
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that cause the Nobushi’s “Snapmare” execution to be offset
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that cause the Valkyrie “Get the Horn” execution to be offset