The waiting is over! Epic Games has now announced season 2 in Fortnite. Fortnite Update 12:00 announced maintenance on February 20.
Fortnite Update 12.00 – Server Down, Patch 2.57 incoming
In a Twitter message, Epic Games confirmed that Fortnite Update 12.00 will be released tomorrow, February 20. In keeping with this, maintenance work will also take place, which begins around 4 AM ET (0900 UTC).
In the course of the maintenance, we will also have to download and install Fortnite Patch 2.57. Epic didn’t mention how long the servers will be offline, but after two to three hours everything should be done.
As soon as Patch 2.57 is live we will provide you with the final Patch Notes, as well as we will provide you with solutions to the new challenges! Below you can find the preliminary Patch Notes 2.57 for Update 12.
Fortnite preliminary Patch Notes 2.57 for Update 12
- When selecting a Friend in the Social menu, the Friend sub-menu may either close prematurely or not open.
- Players may get stuck on a loading screen after they accept an invite before selecting a game mode.
- Players may be unable to select traps with a controller when the 'Pick up' indicator is on-screen.
Battle Royale Issues
- Players may experience a crash when selecting the Controller settings menu.
- Players can get stuck in the Lobby with no inputs being recognized after Refunding a purchase.
- PC players who receive a party invite before getting to the lobby may get an error message that says: Could not join party [Player]'s party is private.
- Pressing the button to switch to the Pickaxe may instead result in picking up a DBNO teammate.
- Parental controls are unable to be disabled.
- Players may be temporarily unable to move or do any other action after Emoting.
- Using one of the movement keys to exit the inventory can cause a delay when subsequently trying to use one of the keys to move.
- The border silhouette of a cube is not showing.
- Players may be unable to move the Quadcrasher forward or reverse on Nintendo Switch.
Save the World Issues
- The Vindertech Seeker bow may not properly damage Husks on Impact. There are partial fixes in 11.40 related to collision that may resolve this issue.
- Ramp and Beach North have overlapping spawns in the Twine SSD. This causes player player built structures to be destroyed on Husks Spawn.
- Sometimes the teammate info in the game UI and menu does not properly load in.
- The scope on the neon sniper while ADS shows high levels of static and distortion while ADS.
- Crafting materials are not properly returned when recycling a Defender Pad in in in the main menu.
- We are aware of an issue for Android 10 OS players being unable to load into Creative mode.
- Client may sometimes get stuck shooting with a controller on iPad.
- When selecting/equipping Locker cosmetics using the Switch touch screen.
- We're aware of an issue where players cannot press A to enter the parental controls code on Switch because A is also assigned to the back button.