Microsoft and Playgound Games has released the first patch for Forza Horizon 4, for Xbox One and PC. Along with improvements in performance and stability, the patch also fixes specific issues for Xbox One X and PC users.
So stuttering on Xbox One X was approached during free roaming. The jams and frame rates seen in Initial Drive on the PC have also been fixed.
An issue with AMD GPUs where migrating to MSAA settings would cause environmental damage if the game did not restart was resolved. The complete patch notes are shown below.
Forza Horizon 4 - Patch Notes, October 2
Current Release Notes:
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Ultimate VIP Crown flair fixed.
- Stutters on Xbox One X while free roaming.
- Fixed issue when changing MSAA from 2x to 4x resulted in improper tree LOD rendering/popping until game restarted.
- Fixed stalls and large FPS drops during Initial Drive. Affected machines where the player had insufficient RAM for their quality settings.
- Fixed AMD GPU issue where switching MSAA settings without restarting resulted in black corruption on the environment.
- Environment streaming improvements for min spec machines.
- Added visual presets for Nvidia RTX 2070, 2080 and 2080Ti.
- Fanatec CSL Wheel – fix for handbrake stuck on.
- Wheel Force Feedback improvements.