Polyphony Digital and Sony announce that in two days they will start a certified “FIA Gran Turismo Championship” in “Gran Turismo Sport“. On June 20, 2018, the 2018 “FIA Gran Turismo Championship” series will begin in Gran Turismo Sport.
In 2018 there will be two championships: the Nations Cup and the Manufacturer Series. Both start their online phase in June with Season 1, followed by Season 2 in July, and are finalized from August to September with a final season that determines which players will participate in the live events. There, all the top players of the fierce online races gather to get the chance to participate in the World Final and finally to be crowned a “champion”.
FIA Gran Turismo Championship 2018′ Series Season 1 Race Schedule (all times are PST)
FIA Gran Turismo Championship 2018' Series - Nations Cup - Season 1
- Round 1: 20 June, 2018 (Wednesday) - Gr.1 / Sarthe Circuit
- Round 2: 23 June, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.3 / Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa
- Round 3: 27 June, 2018 (Wednesday) - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior / Monza Circuit
- Round 4: 30 June, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.4 / Lake Maggiore Circuit GP
Starting time for each race, every day: 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00. Please notice that players may enter and participate in only one (1) of these races per day.
FIA Gran Turismo Championship 2018' Series - Manufacturer Series - Season 1
- Round 1: June 20, 2018 (Wednesday) - Gr.3 / Suzuka Circuit
- Round 2: June 23, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.4 / Tokyo Expressway East Route Outer Ring
- Round 3: June 27, 2018 (Wednesday) - Gr.4 / Dragon Trail Gardens
- Round 4: June 30, 2018 (Saturday) - Gr.3 / Interlagos Circuit
Find out all about the FIA Gran Turismo Championship on the official site, GT Sport FIA.
More news and guides to the game can be found on our Gran Turismo Sport overview page.
Highlights - Gran Turismo World Tour at 24 Hours of Nürburgring 2018
Source: GT Sport