Crytek and the developers responsible released a new update for Hunt Showdown today. We have all information about this patch on September 2nd.
The Hunt Showdown Update 1.12 / 1.4.3 can now be downloaded and installed. The size of the download is not known to us at the moment. With today’s patch, new weapon variants and new legendary content will be added,.
Hunt Showdown Patch Notes 1.12 / 1.4.3
New Weapon Variants
- Winfield M1873C Vandal
- Winfield M1873C Vandal Deadeye
The Vandals are shortened Winfield M1873 C variants with 1 less bullet and only medium size. They can still be used for levering.
Why Vandal and not Mare’s Leg? Mare’s Leg is an anachronistic name for 1895, a name which came into use in 1958. So while we took inspiration from the more modern weapon, we created our universe’s own version – one that would be right at home in 1895.
New Legendary Content
“Winfield Vandal Gold Rush”
- Winfield M1873 C Vandal
- Description: “When the law caught up with felon-turned-prospector John Wright, he fled his Oregon hide out with nothing more than this gold-veined Winfield Vandal – made to celebrate his very first lucky strike. Wielding it, he fought his way south, lured by more glory and gold.”
“Nagant Silencer Mosquito”
- Nagant M1895 Silencer
- Description: “Silence is golden – a truism for any Hunters whose wealth was earned through stealth – and the silent sting of this brass-inlaid Nagant 1895 Silencer strikes like a swarm of deadly insects, especially when dual wielded by Hunter duos and trios.”
“Mosin Nagant Obrez Sinners Jezail”
- Mosin-Nagant M1891 Obrez
- Description: “The Sinners’ brought far-flung customs to the bayou, and this Mosin-Nagant Obrez (not a typical rifle of the Afghan foothills) bears refined witness to that union of martial cultures.”
“Lemat Mark II Last Resort”
- Lemat Mark II
- Description: “Adorned with a symbol of its carrier’s uncanny ability to survive the most bleak landscapes and apocalyptic situations, this resilient LeMat can transform a last stand into a ghastly victory. “
New Trials (PvE)
- Out of Their Misery – Godard Docks – Watch your steps and do not make too much noise dealing with the Hives.
- Finish the Farce – C&A Lumber – Try not to burn down all of C&A Lumber as you clear your path through the Armoreds against the clock.
- Lightning Does the Work – Arden Parish – Prioritize the closer targets for maximum efficiency. The further away ones might take more than one shot to die.
- No Vice, No Virtue – Lawson Station – Make sure to use your time-window to take out targets as they move between obstacles.
- Flesh of My Flesh – Salters Pork – Plan your traversal wisely as you chase down targets to not attract too many Hives at once.
- Truth Doesn’t Stick to Possibilities – Windy Run – Be sure to use the Immolators to your advantage by igniting oil and Hellhounds to earn your stars.
- Never Walk Back – Hemlock and Hide – Don’t let the Armoreds overwhelm you as you force your way through and take them out one by one.
- We Do Not Need Light, But Fire – Nicholls Prison – Use Immolators and Barrels to keep the grunts from reaching you.
Major Bug Fixes
One of the main focus of Update 1.4.3 was fixing many of the bigger reoccurring issues players have been facing.
Description of the bug symptoms: Sometimes players would be connected to the game server but in reality their character would float above ground. Your partner would not see you move and you would be in certain cases unable to open doors, vault fences, or pick up items. Sometimes interacting with a ladder or your partner leaving/extracting would re-sync your character to a playable state.
What we have done: We have reviewed logging information you sent us and compared it with what the state of the game server. From this investigation we have concluded and implemented some tentative fixes that should prevent such situation from happening. However, it is a bug that we are not able to reproduce in-house and therefore will not be able to confirm working until the update is Live.
Game client could get stuck after vaulting.
Description of the bug symptoms: After vaulting you would not be allowed to move your character anymore.
What we have done: We have found two cases when the bug could manifest.
- In some cases after vaulting, the game did not return the player’s controls.
- In other cases your character would vault inside an element of the map (even slightly) which would make you physically stuck.
We have looked into fixing these two occurrences by having the player controls correctly updated after the vaulting and – to fix the second case – by snapping the player to a valid position after vaulting.
The snap should be minimal and in most cases not noticeable.
Aim Down Sight weapon state could be cancelled sometimes without user input
Description of the bug symptoms: When in the aim-down-sight state the weapon would randomly switch back to hip aim mode requiring the user to re-trigger ADS action.
What we have done: In this bug and some other similar ones (I.E. Weapon was wrongfully re-selected when using a consumable and switching to another consumable) the problem was that the game client and the game server had conflicting information about which item the user selected, or in which state this item was.
We implemented a tolerance for item transition between the client and the server which should resolve this issue.
For the full list of fixes please read our Bug Fixes section.
- Bleeding and Burning Stop interaction now plays the recover voice sfx.
- Occupies one tool slot instead of a consumables slot now.
- Comes in packs of two.
- Can now be used to start banishing.
- Works identically to picking up bounty.
Golden Cash Register
- Players now have a small chance of finding a Golden Cash Register instead of a regular Cash Register, which will grant you 50 Blood Bonds instead of giving you Hunt Dollars.
- Smaller tweaks and updates made to various parts of Stillwater Bayou and Lawson Delta maps to improve navigation and fix clipping issues.
- Added the Winfield Vandals for 35 Hunt Dollars.
- Added the Winfield Vandal Deadeye for 45 Hunt Dollars.
- Enabled the option to spectate other teams in Bounty Hunt missions, after Player’s own team had been completely wiped.
New Legendary Weapons
- Added Winfield Vandal “Gold Rush” for 500 Blood Bonds.
- Added Mosin-Nagant M1891 Obrez “Sinners Jezail” for 600 Blood Bonds.
- Added Nagant M1895 “Mosquito” for 400 Blood Bonds.
Exclusive Legendary Rewards:
- Added LeMat Mark II “Last Resort” for 90 Stars.
- Re-ordered the trials in the trial selection screen to better fit their relative positions on the map and in the selector.
- Slightly reordered the unlock order of the Nagant M1895 Family.
- Slightly reordered the unlock order of the Springfield 1866 Family.
- Reduced the cost to unlock some low rank weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the game client got stuck after vaulting.
- Fixed an issue where after the start of a mission player got stuck on server side, but was still able to move and interact with items on client side. (Aka “Ghost Bug”)
- Fixed an issue where killing a burning player made him/her not lootable.
- Fixed a bug where player completely desynced from the game until his/her partner(s) left.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Aim Down Sight weapon state to be cancelled sometimes without user input.
- Fixed an issue where decoys would not cause bells to ring.
- Fixed more issues where dead hunters would not start burning on uneven terrain or stairs.
- Fixed an issue where the Hornskin trait would not give a consistent 25% damage reduction from other players’ melee attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the bullets in the chamber of a Winfield C was misaligned and clipped through the weapon.
- Fixed an issue where hunters could survive with all health chunks scorched.
- Fixed an issue where hunters caught on fire too easily after they had recovered from fire damage already.
- Fixed an issue where third person animations for the Bornheim Match were incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where reloading occasionally lead to an infinite reload cycle.
- Tweaked the levering sound of the Winfield animations to be better in sync with its visuals.
- Fixed an issue where player’s could hear team pings when on Death Screen.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect audio played while healing with a med-kit and bleeding.
- Fixed an issue where some enemies could cause barrels to prematurely explode.
- Fixed an issue where dying Horses took no damage from sticky bombs.
- Fixed an issue where not enough Hellhounds were available at some point to finish challenges in hard difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where not enough Armoreds were available at some point to finish challenges in hard difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where player’s weapon was wrongfully re-selected when using a consumable and switching to another consumable.
- Fixed an issue where the range of the Quad Derringer was shown as 68 meters where it always should have been 60 meters.
- Fixed an issue where the Item wheel shows wrong info on challenge leave.
- Fixed an issue where the sledgehammer was wrongly displayed in the store.
- Fixed an issue where tools or consumables selection jumps in arsenal list when buying and equipping an item.
- Added a missing shortcut in the Store to get back to the first sub tab and back to lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the Heavy Attacks for weapons with a Bayonet displayed an outdated (and too low) number for the damage.
- Fixed an issue where Concertina Trip Mines would not break Hive barrels.
- Fixed an issue where Concertina wires would not block most bullets, and instead would allow all bullets to penetrate.
- Fixed an issue where shooting the bell in Lawson Delta would not make a sound.
- Fixed an issue where destroyed lanterns above cages would respawn when you re-enter the area.
- Fixed an issue where animals (such as the dying horse and ravens) would not be damaged by explosions.
- Fixed an issue where shooting the lantern above the caged dogs will not kill all of them immediately