A new update for Hunt Showdown was released today. We have all the information about this update 1.4 on June 23.
Hunt Showdown Update 1.08 is now available for download on PS4, Xbox One and PC. ith this update, there is more than just bug fixes. Among other things, new equipment and new legendaries are added.
Hunt Showdown Patch Notes 1.08
Different Intensities for Damage Effects – Update 1.4 rewrites everything you know about burning, bleeding or poison, with new rules and intensities for each damage type.
New Equipment – The update brings some new toys to play with. Now you can poison your careless foes using the brand new Poison Trip Mine tool and as for the careful Hunters, the Serpent trait has been added, allowing the interaction with clues, rifts, and abandoned bounties from afar when using dark sight.
New Legendaries – We have introduced many new Legendary weapons including the runners up in our 2nd-anniversary weapon skin contest as well as a Hunter! Make sure to check them out.
Different Intensities for Damage Effects
- Fire damage can now cause different effects related to burning.
- Light Fire Damage
- Scorches health chunks lightly.
- Does not cause burning on hunters automatically.
- Can cause or increase burning on hunters when dealt repeatedly over a short amount of time.
- Medium Fire Damage
- Medium Burning is equal to what players are used to from before this update.
- Scorches health chunks.
- Causes Medium Burning on Hunters.
- Deals fire damage over time.
- Takes 4 seconds to stop.
- Will escalate into Intense Burning when not stopped in time.
- Indicated by a small flame on the health bar.
- Intense Fire Damage
- Intense Burning is 50% stronger than Medium Burning.
- Scorches health chunks severely.
- Can destroy a small health chunk instantly.
- Causes Intense Burning on Hunters.
- Deals severe fire damage over time.
- Takes 6 seconds to stop.
- Indicated by a large flame on the health bar.
- Scorched health chunks now regenerate twice as fast than before.
- Scorching over time from burning stacks with scorching from received fire damage attacks.
- AI does not feature different intensities when burning.
- Dead hunters are in the Medium Burning state which burns as fast as before this update.
By introducing different intensities of fire damage we now have new options for balancing game mechanics and equipment. The most noticeable balance change is that hunters don’t automatically start burning anymore when they come in contact with fire but on the flip side can also burn faster than before. On one hand, this will reduce frustration for new players that are still learning the mechanics and also give careful players the opportunity to resolve certain situations more effectively. On the other hand fire now also has the potential to damage players even more severely when not taken seriously. The Hellfire Bomb explosion for example does no longer deal physical damage but will scorch a small chunk worth of health instantly and at the same time cause hunters to burn intensively.
This new mechanic will also help us to introduce and balance custom ammunition like incendiary bullets in the future.
- Rending damage can now cause three different intensities of bleeding on hunters
- Light Bleeding
- Light Bleeding is 50% weaker than Medium Bleeding.
- Caused by light rending damage directly.
- Deals minor damage over time.
- Takes 2 seconds to stop.
- Indicated by one blood drop on the health bar .
- Medium Bleeding
- Medium Bleeding is equal to what players are used to from before this Update.
- Caused by medium rending damage directly.
- Can escalate from light bleeding by consecutive rending attacks.
- Deals moderate damage over time.
- Takes 4 seconds to stop.
- Indicated by two blood drops on the health bar.
- Intense Bleeding
- Intense Bleeding is 50% stronger than Medium Bleeding.
- Caused by intense rending damage directly.
- Can escalate from medium bleeding by consecutive rending attacks.
- Deals severe damage over time.
- Takes 6 seconds to stop.
- Indicated by three blood drops on the health bar.
- Bleeding intensity will not increase on its own .
- Bleeding will last until stopped by the player.
Since quite a few of the AI enemies and equipment in Hunt can cause a hunter to bleed it makes sense to introduce intensities and with that a certain scalability to the effect. This will allow players to slip up once in a while but punish them even more than before when they let a situation get out of hand.
This new mechanic will also help us to introduce and balance custom ammunition in the future.
- The poison effect no longer has a fixed duration.
- Instead it can range from 0 to 20 seconds, depending on …
- …how long the hunter had been exposed to a poison cloud.
- …the poison intensity of the damage received.
- Poison intensity will decrease over time when no poison damage is received.
- The screen and audio effects that obstruct the player’s vision and hearing now have three intensities, that indicate the duration of the remaining effect.
- Light – when remaining effect duration is between 0 and 5 seconds.
- Medium – when remaining effect duration is between 5 and 15 seconds.
- Intense – when remaining effect duration is between 15 and 20 seconds.
The duration of the poison effect on hunters was fixed in the past and therefore did not necessarily match with the cause of the poisoning. With introducing an intensity that can scale up and down it’s now a valid option for careful players to sit out short exposures and not having to rely on traits or equipment like the antidote shot.
This new mechanic will also help us to introduce and balance custom ammunition like poison bullets in the future.
New Tool Added: Poison Trip Mine
- Comes in packs of 2.
- The Poison Trip Mine is part of the “Poison” unlock tree and has been added as the last item in that category.
New Trait Added: Serpent
- Available for 4 Upgrade points.
- Available at Bloodline Rank 28.
- “Using Dark Sight, interact with nearby Clues, Rifts, and abandoned Bounty from a safe distance.”
- Allows players to look at Clues, Rifts and Bounty in Dark Sight to start an interaction over distance.
- The interaction range is 25 meters.
- The duration is 10 seconds.
New Legendary Content
- Nitro Express Rifle
- Description: “The deadliest rifle, named for the deadliest snake. This Nitro Express has a vicious bite and can take down the largest foes with ease.”
- Caldwell Uppercut
- Description: “Forged by a scrappy fighter using what he had to hand, this Caldwell Conversion Uppercut is forged from Kamacite, an alloy of iron and nickel, found in a meteor that caused an ancient and unspeakable calamity.”
“Tooth and Claw”
- Martini Henry IC1 Riposte
- Description: “The law of the jungle dictates that only the fittest survive. This Martini Henry ICI Riposte gives its owner an edge. Beloved by a hunter who loves to take a risk – and still come out on top.”
- Winfield M1873 Talon
- Description: “One shot from this Winfield M1873 Talon will take your breath away – permanently. Designed by Corwin Stedman, a runner up in our 2nd anniversary weapon skin contest.”
- Caldwell Rival 78 Handcannon
- Description: “With hide tough as armor and gruesome, rusty teeth, this Caldwell Rival 78 Handcannon’s bite is as fearsome as that of its namesake. Designed by Seven-D, a runner up in our 2nd anniversary weapon skin contest.”
- Legendary Hunter
- Description: “Accomplices to the devil, stealers of souls, and an ill omen – cats have long been associated with dark magic, and Nika Felis bears the skull of one feline adversary on her head as a warning to others that she has capabilities as powerful – and as dangerous. Rumored to be a shapeshifter, and a colleague of Doctor John.”
- Time of day “Sunset” now uses daylight ambience instead of night.
- AI footstep intensity is now driven by aggro level instead of movement speed.
Developer Note: This change will make AI footsteps more reliably escalate and therefore easier to read.
- Added fly swarm audio to poison barrels and the Doctor Grunt.
- Audio Mix Improvements for elevation and azimuth, making sounds below, above and around the listener easier to pinpoint.
- Updated light attacks on the Martini Henry Riposte and the Springfield Compact Striker variants to have their hit-boxes better fit their animations.
- Increased Melee damage for all heavy Attack with “Talon” variants from 135 to 150
- Increased Melee damage for the heavy Attack with the Romero Hatchet from 135 to 150
- Increased Melee damage for the Light Attack with the Obrez Mace from 32 to 54
- Increased Melee damage for the Heavy Attack with the Obrez Mace from 72 to 90
- Removed rending damage and with that Bleeding from Shotguns.
- Romero Handcannon’s accuracy has been increased slightly (effective range stat increased to 10m).
- Romero Hatchet’s accuracy has been increased slightly (effective range stat increased to 10m).
- Romero Hatchet’s recoil punch has been increased erraticly after shooting (reduced handling stat to 80).
- Fire Bomb
- No longer deals damage
- Scorches health chunks lightly and causes hunters to start burning
- Hellfire Bomb
- no longer deals damage
- Scorches health chunks and causes hunters to start burning intensely
- Can destroy a small health chunk on impact
- Frag Bomb
- Reduced damage from 200 to 150.
- Now deals Intense Rending Damage (Causes Intense Bleeding).
- Developer Note:
This change will slightly increase the chance for players to survive with severe injuries at the edge of the frag bombs explosion radius.
- Flare Pistol
- No longer deals damage
- Scorches health chunks and causes hunters to start burning intensely
- Increased Weak Antidote Shot duration from 360 to 1800 seconds (6 minutes to 30 minutes)
- Increased Choke Bomb duration from 60 to 120 seconds
- Choke Bombs can now remove Poison clouds
- Hunters may still receive initial Poison Damage while in a Choke Bomb Cloud
- Reduces fire damage and burn speed by 25%, even when downed.
- Increased cost from 2 to 5 Upgrade Points
- Bleeding will not escalate from light to medium or intense bleeding.
- Drastically reduces the time needed to recover from poisoning.
- Looting a dead hunter while carrying any Bounty now restores one second of Dark Sight Boost
- Will restore even if Dark Sight Boost had been used up already
- Dark Sight Boost can not exceed 5 seconds
- Torch Grunts deal Light Fire Damage
- Cleaver Grunts deal Light Rending Damage
- Doctor Grunts deal Intense Poison Damage
- Hellhounds deal Light Rending Damage
- Waterdevils deal Intense Rending Damage
- Hives swarm attack deals Light Poison Damage
- Immolators explosion deals Intense Fire Damage
- Immolators now die to a single Poison Bolt
- Concertina Armoreds deals Light Rending Damage
- Concertina Armoreds now die to a single Poison Bolt
- Armoreds now die to a single Poison Bolt
- Leeches deal Light Poison Damage
- Boss: Spider deals up to Medium Poison Damage
- Boss: Butcher deals up to Medium Fire Damage
- Boss: Assassin deals Intense Rending Damage
- Improvements made to Russian translation.
- Adjusted the Values in the Store for the Bornheim family to reflect the actual Damage and Effective Range.
- Bornheim Family: Damage decreased to 74 from 84.
- Smaller tweaks and updates made to various parts of Stillwater Bayou and Lawson Delta maps to improve navigation and fix clipping issues.
- Closed lots of small gaps in walls all around Stillwater Bayou and Lawson Delta which were used to exploit people.
- Oil Barrel Explosion deals Intense Fire Damage
StoreNew Tool Added: Poison Trip Mine
- Added for $60
- Increased price from 25 to 55 Hunt Dollars
Weak Antidote Shot
- Increased Weak Antidote Shot price from 5 to 25 Hunt Dollars.
New Legendary Weapons
- Added Nitro Express Rifle: “Black Mamba” for 500 Blood Bonds
- Added Caldwell Uppercut : “Kamacite Moon” for 500 Blood Bonds
- Added Martini Henry IC1 Riposte: “Tooth and Claw” for 500 Blood Bonds
- Added Winfield M1873 Talon: “Death’s Breath” for 300 Blood Bonds
- Added Caldwell Rival 78 Handcannon: “Gator” for 300 Blood Bonds
New Legendary Hunter
- Added “Felis” for 700 Blood Bonds
- Opt out of statistic sharing ; other players won’t see the player’s statistic anymore, and he will not see them.
- Leaving a random teammate will now trigger a delay before searching for a new one.
- Delay gets longer from 15 seconds to 1 minute after several leaves.
- Precache skeletons for characters built with skin bundles.
- More information is displayed when picking up a weapon during a game (Number and type of ammo).
- The KD Ratio now includes the assists in its formula.
- The number of Kills, Death and Assists is now displayed as a tooltip, over the KDA Ratio.
- Added Loading Screen for the Dark sight replenishment.
- Fixed an issue where the Crosshair size changed on different resolutions for the same aspect ratio.
- Fixed a bug where Toggling crossplay option in a group doesn’t work via button shortcut when the host has changed.
- Fixed an issue where the player with XBOX Privacy setting crossplay on ‘blocked’ gets loaded into a crossplay match if the host has crossplay enabled.
- Fixed a bug where empty hands would shown after dropping a world item despite having weapons.
- Fixed some Discord rich presence issues and re-enabled the Discord rich presence integration.
- Fixed a bug where under certain conditions, players could loot the invisible corpse of extracted players.
- Fixed a bug where the player couldn’t interact with a clue for the first few seconds if a dead armored would have fallen directly on it.
- Fixed some client crashes.
- Fixed some minor localization issues.
- Fixed an issue where looting a hunter with the Vulture trait did not yield any loot.
- Fixed a bug where the Butcher could teleport to the lower floor in Davant Ranch under specific conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the sound of some animals could stop too early.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to world animals not emitting sounds (horses, crows,…).
- Fixed an issue where a hunters “out of breath” sound continued to play for too long after sprinting.
- Fixed a bug where the aim down sights toggle did not work correctly
- Fixed issues with the spread of the Romero Handcannon and the Romero Hatchet while Aiming down Sights: Spread was too tight.
- Fixed an issue where players could survive their own frag bomb explosions.
- Fixed a bug where new Soul Survivor would appear only after hitting ‘Free Reshuffle’ when it would have been won without any recruits or Soul Survivors left.
- Fixed a bug where the previous death damage still got displayed in damage history.
- Fixed a bug where under certain conditions the weapon was displaced and wouldn’t rotate centered.
- Fixed a bug where the crosshair would change size based on resolution.
- Fixed a bug where the damage history often accumulated damage when ping / packet loss is high.
- Fixed a bug where the Hunter and all their information disappeared from the death screen when player that killed the person left the mission.
- Fixed an issue where player could receive a not fitting ‘Kill view’ in rare occasions where the killer shot him from behind a wall.
- Fixed a bug where Player couldn’t open weapon wheel while waiting for other players.
- Fixed a bug with the Legendary Bomb lance skin ‘Shellback’ where it had no ‘shoot weapon’ button in 3d viewer.