Legends of Runeterra, the LoL card game, got the first major balance patch on February 17th. This brought many changes, of which we would like to introduce the largest to you.
Legends of Runeterra Update 0.9.0 is now available and can be downloaded. It is the first major balance patch during the Legends of Runeterra Open Beta.
Legends of Runeterra 0.9.0 Patch Notes
The patch notes are very extensive. We show you some of the important adjustments. You can find the complete list here.
Balance & Set 1
- Every champion should have a deck where they’re the best fit and their “dream” can be realized.
- Non-champion cards should have at least one deck where they’re a good option.
- Regions should have at least one competitively viable deck.
- The meta should support the widest possible array of competitively viable decks.
- New set of cards released.
- First balance patch: mostly “medium”-sized number changes based on our early sense of outliers.
- Second balance patch: Significant updates to underutilized cards, and the main patch where you can expect any major champion updates.
- Third balance patch: Limited number changes to stabilize any meta issues.
- Next set of cards released.
XP & Expeditions Rewards
- End-of-trial XP reduced:
- 0 wins: 100 → 50
- 1 win: 300 → 150
- 2 wins: 500 → 250
- 3 wins: 700 → 400
- 4 wins: 900 → 600
- 5 wins: 1200 → 800
- 6 wins: 1500 → 1000
- 7 wins: 2000 → 1500
- Reduced XP adjustments for daily PVP wins—you’ll now receive more XP at high numbers of PVP wins in one day, and will always receive at least 100 XP for constructed PVP wins.
- Base PVP win XP: 200 in Normal / Ranked, 100 in Expeditions (no change)
- 1-10 wins: full XP (no change)
- 11-15 wins: -50 XP → full XP
- 16-20 wins: -100 XP (no change)
- 21-30 wins: -150 XP → -100 XP
- 31+ wins: -200 XP → -100 XP
- Friend Challenge wins now grant 100 XP for the first 5 wins, and 0 XP for 6+.
- Friend Challenges losses / ties now grant 0 XP.
- Friend Challenge matches no longer count towards daily PVP wins / losses or first wins of the day bonuses. They still count for quest progress.
- 6-win Expeditions reward now 1500 shards (was 1000), as well as a random champion card and golden chest (unchanged).
- 7-win Expeditions reward now 3000 shards (was 3500), as well as a champion capsule (unchanged).
- Deckbuilder improvements
- Mana curve now indicates number of cards at each cost.
- Bugfix for “MAX” card count text not showing up.
- Deck import & export now copies from/to device clipboard.
- Minor visual polish and readability improvements.
- Board visuals
- Corrected a repeated grass texture on Summoner’s Rift board.
- Cleaned up and reduced intensity of lens flare effect on Demacia board.
- Corrected occasional lighting issues when resolving certain spells on faction boards.
- Players on old client versions will now see a message asking them to restart the client and update, and will be unable to queue until doing so.
- Master tier rankings now more fluid based on how master players are performing against each other (previously released hotfix).
- Claimable rewards on region roads now more strongly highlighted.
- Patch sizes generally decreased.
- Friend Challenge stability improvements.
- Store now marked with a badge when new content is available.
- In-client messaging for maintenance updated for clarity.
- Players should no longer get stuck on the loading screen when signing out of League of Legends while signed into LoR.
- Players logging into LoR from different devices should encounter fewer crashes.
- Fixed issues with region quests not progressing as expected.
- Fixed rare issues with players not receiving XP after games.
- MASSIVE nerf to high APMers: Players can no longer discard the same card to multiple Spinning Axes by quickly chaining them (previously released hotfix).
- Anivia’s summoned from deck will now correctly level up if her condition has been met.
- Players should no longer get stuck on “Connecting” if their opponent disconnects while loading.