TaleWorlds Entertainment today released the update 1.5.3 for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. Below are the full patch notes for this October 19 update.
The Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Update 1.5.3 is now available for download on Steam. Normally the update is automatically loaded via the Steam Luncher.
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord Patch Notes 1.5.3
Previous Beta Hotfixes:
- Added missing loading screens for Multiplayer maps.
Initial Beta Changelog:
- Fixed a crash that occurred when entering a smithy in any town.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in the inventory while moving items with the drag function.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when players conquered one of the Scout Enemy Garrison Quest Settlements while having the quest active.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when leaving a kingdom during a siege event.
- Fixed a crash that happened when players tried to become a vassal while they were in an army.
- Fixed a hideout crash that occurred when players attacked an empty hideout. It should no longer be possible to attack empty hideouts now.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when peace was declared during simulations.
- Fixed a crash that occurred due to the main storyline mentor characters dying.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after the rival gang leader quest mission.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after marriage barter if the marriage partner was in an army.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in the “Find hideout” main storyline quest.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player died.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in some save files when attacking a neutral party and starting a war with their faction.
- Fixed crashes/bugs that occurred when a non-player hero died in battle and bugs related to his/her disbanding party.
- Fixed a crash that occurred during passive usage of weapons (couch lancing & spear bracing).
- Fixed a crash that occurred due to the brother character not appearing after save & load.
Save & Load
- Fixed the issue “Could Not Create Save data” for players with Unicode PC username.
- All deleted/removed/changed items from .xml’s will become “Trash” items. (Some old saves that used crafting were crashing because they tried to load deleted items. This should be resolved now.)
- Minor text fixes and localisation updates.
- Chinese localisation updates.
- Simplified Chinese translation file row fix.
- Improvements on khuzait_village_b and khuzait_village_c.
- Various visual bug fixes on some scenes.
- Added new workshop wall scene props.
- Updated cloth patterns and some mesh details for two Battanian chainmail armours.
- Improvements on several Empire building models.
- Fixed an issue in the army management screen that occurred while closing the popup if the player’s influence was below 0.
- Fixed a bug that caused the nameplate of the main party to not appear when starting a new campaign.
Battles and Sieges
- Fixed a bug which crashed the game when the player transferred troops to custom formations in battle and then gave formation orders.
- A minor position calculation error in the formation AI was fixed.
- Cavalry aiming had some errors on hills, which resulted in cavalry not hitting the enemy at all. This was fixed.
- Fixed attacker’s formation and boundary issues on sturgia_town_b.
- Fixed certain weapons that were stuck to dead agents and were randomly disappearing.
- Fixed an issue with death cam in battles.
Character Development System
- Added 18 combat-related archery skill perks. This completes the archery skill perk tree.
- Added 19 combat-related crossbow skill perks. This completes the crossbow skill perk tree.
- Added stewardship experience gain for heroes that have been assigned as governors.
- Opening Face Generator screen with ‘V’ is re-enabled in the main map. But the hair and beard options are limited to a few simple ones. For haircuts, the Barber NPC can be visited at any town centre.
- Fixed a bug that caused a change of the epic perk under Smithing.
Clan and Party
- Fixed a bug that allowed marriage to be proposed for dead heroes.
- Fixed a bug that caused newly assigned governors to not to appear in the settlement menu.
Kingdoms and Diplomacy
- Fixed a bug that caused prisoners to become neutral yet remain captive in some situations after the AI that besieged a castle that held the prisoners made peace with the owner.
Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
- Fixed a bug that caused settlement tooltips to display the number of ransomed prisoners incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong menu to appear after the player selected an aggressive action in the conversation with an army member.
Quests & Issues
- New quest “The Art of The Deal” added.
- New quest “Lady’s Knight Out” added.
- Fixed a bug that led to the bandit party in a caravan ambush quest to stay stationary after a battle.
- Disabled chance of dying for Radagos and brother. Added a 30 years time limit to the first phase of the storyline.
- Fixed a bug where Radagos’ hideout could not be created properly.
- Fixed issues that caused Radagos to be dead in his hideout or other bandit bosses to appear.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player’s death to cancel the Neretzes’ Folly quest.
- Added scaling influence costs for the Lord Solutions of the quests “Lady’s Knight Out”, “Overpriced Raw Materials” and “Extortion by a Robber Knight”.
- “Nearby Bandit Base” quest can now be taken only from villages.
- Some text and dialogue improvements for “Army Needs Supplies” quest.
- If a player is waiting inside the “Army of Poachers” quest settlement, the quest menu will be opened automatically when poachers arrive at the village.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Deliver the Herd” quest to become impossible to complete.
Conversations & Encounters
- Added a few new dialogues and comments for guards and other NPCs.
- If a player is waiting in a village and the village gets raided by someone, the player will be directed to an encounter menu which allows them to join the raid – either by helping the village or helping the attackers.
- There was a visual bug showing butter in inventories as unavailable while players were within settlements. Butter is once again allowed within cities.
- Steppe Marauders and Raiders are now assigned as Horse Archers.
- Rhomphalias now use “Bent Razor Head” as their blade.
- Khan’s Guard units now have an additional set of arrows instead of their one-handed mace.
- Ridged Short Gladius Blade (Battania_blade_2) can not be used as a two-handed sword anymore. The blade itself was too short as the name implies.
- Blunt Arrows have issues with inconsistent damage. It won’t be possible to purchase them for the time being.
- Infantry can now dismount mounted enemies with hooked guarded spears. Battanian Oathsworn and Picked Warrior are the troops with this feature. Spear Guards with Dismount feature are: Double Huge Hooks With Fur Covering, Double Hooks, Weighted Long Thorns, Singular Hook Wing, Double Hook Wings and Double Thorn Wings.
- You can now use new heroes for custom battles. Heroes with couch lances, longbows and more are available for your custom battles.
- Disabled wounded character animations in inappropriate situations.
- Added cheat commands to change settlement loyalty, security, militia and prosperity.
- When entering a village, your companions now use battle outfits instead of civilian outfits.
- Fixed a bug which made hideouts belong to the player faction.
- Improved crash logging for the dump system.
- Fixed a bug that caused some settlements’ security value to be NaN.
- Lords hall character agent spawning algorithm improvements. The settlement’s owner will spawn on the throne but if the kingdom’s ruler is inside the settlement, the ruler will override it.
Design & Balance
- Fixed a bug where inaccuracy for shooting/throwing wasn’t applied on horseback.
- Reduced the maximum inaccuracy for throwing weapons.
- Adjusted the movement inaccuracy for archers and made it more consistent between MP and SP.
- Port at Omor:
- Visual improvements all around.
- The atmosphere was changed because it was hard to see Aserai troops on the scene.
- Bug fixes for physics issues and problems with getting stuck.
- Blocked the gallery (but not stairs) of flag C.
- Added railings to stairs at C to indicate where they can be jumped off from.
- Made stairs faster to traverse for cavalry and infantry.
- Some small detail work.
- Baravenos Encirclement:
- Added a new breach to the G flag.
- Overhauled the G Flag.
- Moved a lot of defender spawns.
- Added some new destructible wooden structures.
- Made some of the current structures destructible.
- Adjustments to lighting.
- Some detail work (replaced old trees, improved terrain for low settings, physics fixes etc.).
Other – Miscellaneous
- Fixed some troops appearing too old.
- Auto team selection button will put the player into the team with a low amount of players.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after changing the graphics settings.
- Missing camel rider falling animations added.
- Fixed a bug that caused battering rams to not deliver damage.
- Fixed a bug that stopped range indicators on siege weapons from moving.