Phantom Fury was presented today at the Realms Deep 2022 event. If you loved Ion Fury, here is the trailer for Phantom Fury.
3D Realms introduced Phantom Fury during its Realms Deep presentation today. Yes, it’s a prequel/sequel. Phantom Fury follows Ion Fury but comes before Bombshell, which flopped. Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison blasts more enemies. This time, her upgradable bionic arm helps her through retro-inspired stages.
Phantom Fury was previewed weeks before today’s show. Its narrative takes place years after Ion Fury and Bombshell. Bombshell is Shelly’s first mission with Amiga, her bionic arm. It’s vital in Phantom Fury and thankfully doesn’t look like construction equipment.
The look fits between Shelly’s past and future games. Phantom Fury’s graphics combine ’90s and ’00s first-person shooter styles. Its world and characters are polygons, yet you can see the textures’ pixels up close. The game’s predecessor used the Build Engine. Phantom Fury uses Unreal Engine 4.
- An intense mixture of bombastic action and road movie – Fight through seedy hotels in Albuquerque, explore abandoned facilities in Los Alamos, secure the streets of Chicago, and so much more!
- An insanely interactive world – An incredible amount of interactivity brings the environments to live. Fully usable computers, helicopter flights, playable arcade machines are only a few examples of what you can expect.
- A vast array of weapons – Over 20 unique weapons are at your disposal! Fan favorites like the Bowling Bombs are joined by brand-new equipment such as armor-piercing shotguns, electrified foam shooting devices and deployable drones. Unlockable weapon upgrades and mods with completely new fire functions will give you the necessary control needed to overcome any fight the way you want it to!
- A wide range of unlockable skills and upgrades – Weapons aren’t the only way to overcome the many challenges waiting along the way. Upgrade your bionic arm and suit with powerful new abilities, such as a punch attack or an electric shield.
- A terrifying number of enemies – Encounter vicious cyborgs, menacing soldiers and disgusting mutations, each with their own special skills. Push your skills to the limit in exhilarating boss battles.
Check out the reveal trailer, which was released today and is being developed by Slipgate Ironworks and distributed by 3D Realms:
For the latest news, you can click here to read more.
Are you excited for this game to come out? Let us know your thoughts below.