Sony and the responsible developers have released the PS4 firmware update 7.00, we have all the information about the new features of the PS4.
The update brings improved party features and full Android Remote Play support. If you get problems with the firmware update, such as the PS4 error code SU-30625-6, do not despair!
Do you have this error, do the following:
- Completely shut down your PS4 (hold the power button).
- Once the system light is off, start the PS4 system in Safe Mode by holding the power button until you hear a second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option 3 and Update using internet.
PS4 Firmware Update 7.00 Notes
The following changes have been made to(Party).
- The maximum number of people who can join a party has been increased from 8 to 16.
- Chat transcription has been added, and accessibility has been improved.
While in a party, use(PS4 Second Screen) on your smartphone or other mobile device to convert party voice chat to text, or to enter text to have it read aloud to other party members. This feature works only in English and is available only on PS4 systems sold in certain regions.
- Network connectivity has been improved.
- Audio quality of voice chat has been improved.
- Remote Play can now be used on more devices. Besides Xperia™ devices, Remote Play can now be used on other smartphones and tablets running Android™ 5.0 or higher
Download(PS4 Remote Play) from Google Play™ to use this feature. Additionally, for mobile devices running Android 10, you can now connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth® for Remote Play.
*1. Download the latest version of PS4 Second Screen, available from Google Play™ or the App Store.
*2. Remote Play may not be compatible with every device.
*3. Depending on the device, certain features such as the touchpad and the vibration function may not be available.
Other updated features
- When using Remote Play on an iPhone or iPad, you can now do the following things. Select(Settings) on the Remote Play screen to switch to these settings.
- iPhone or iPad: The controller can now be displayed at all times.
- iPhone: You can now lock the screen orientation.
- You can now use a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Update to the following OS to use this feature.
- Some features, such as the touchpad and the vibration function, may not be available on the iPhone and iPad.