Sony and the responsible developers have released the PS4 firmware update 8.50, we have all the information about the new features of the PS4.
The PS4 Update 8.50 is now available for download. The file size for the new system software is 481MB.
PS4 Firmware Update 8.50 Notes
So far there are no patch notes for update 8.50 on the official Sony website. We updating this article with as soon as possible.
Main Features (System Software Beta)
- In messages, you can now turn notifications on/off for each of the groups you are in. On the group screen, open then options menu and select “Turn Notifications Off”.
Other Updates Features
- On the game session screen, you can now use the “Request to Join” button to ask the session leader to join their game. The session leader can then send you an invite to join the game session.
- When playing a game you’ve hidden, other players will no longer see you play it.
- Communities are no longer available.
- Cross-generation Share Play. PS4 and PS5 players can now Share Play together while chatting in parties. This means PS5 console users can let their friends on PS4 consoles view their game screen, or even try out the PS5 games through Share Play, and vice versa. Options include the ability to share your screen with a friend, pass your controller virtually to a friend, or pass a second controller virtually to play co-op games together.
- Request to Join Game Session. A selection of your friends’ joinable game sessions will now appear on both PS5 and PS4 consoles, allowing for more gameplay opportunities together. The “Request to Join” option also serves as a shortcut to sending a game invite, reducing the time it takes for you to get into games with friends. Through the Privacy Settings menu, you can modify who can interact with you through parties, games and messages.