Rockstar has released Update 1.09 on “Red Dead Redemption 2“, Patch 1.09 is now available for download.
Today’s update to Red Dead Online brings a host of new gameplay including new cooperative story missions, Free Roam activities and the addition of Poker alongside a range of updates and improvements that strengthen and stabilize the foundational world of the Red Dead Online experience.
Red Dead Online Patch Notes 1.09 from May 14th
There are no detailed patch notes, just a list of news and specific adjustments
- New Co-Op Missions: “A Land of Opportunities” questline helps honorable players track down the murderer of Mrs. LeClerc’s husband. Outlaws perform a high-stakes theft in Saint Denis with Samson Finch.
- From Roam Missions: More added to Bayou Nwa and the Aberdeen Pig Farm.
- Posse Versus Challenges: Competitive fishing added alongside contests for bird shooting and herb picking.
- Dynamic Events: Interact with travelers in the open world to get XP.
- Poker: Available in Blackwater, Saint Denis, Tumbleweed, Valentine and Flatneck Station for private and public matches of up to six players each.
- Overrun Showdown Mode: Claim the most land from your enemy to win.
- Store Update: LeMat Revolver, ponchos, patterned bandanas and new emotes.
- Play Styles
- Offensive: Enabled by default. Allows for traditional PvP interaction with other players.
- Defensive: Indicated by a shield icon. These players don’t want to be attacked and take less PvP damage and can’t be lassoed, meleed, executed or targeted with auto-aim. PvP Free Roam Missions are invisible to them.
- Hostility: Hostility won’t increase for defending against an attack. Attacking players will also only be marked as a threat to the attacked player instead of everyone.
- Removed auto-aim headshot tracking for enemy players only to make shooting more nuanced.
- Faster weapon swaps and projectile throws.
- New layout puts sprint at R1 and crouch to X.
- Daily Challenges: PvP-related challenges removed from Free Roam with new Challenges, Rewards and Challenge Streaks.
- Press Charges: Option increases an enemy’s Hostility and Bounty when a low-Hostility player is killed without retaliation.
- Horses can be set as defaults for specific types of events.
- Increased Gold payouts.
An overview of all new content can be found on the official Rockstar website, right here.