The Devolver Digital executives have released a new patch for the early access game SCUM.
Among other things, new content and weapons have been added to the update. So there are now the Improvised Handgun and the Improvised Shotgun.
Learn all the novelties below in the patch notes!
SCUM Patch Notes - 0.1.17.9119 - Sept 28
- Improvised Handgun: This handgun can be crafted from the basic survival skill and it uses .50 AE cal ammunition.
- Improvised Shotgun: The shotgun can be crafted from the medium survival skill and it uses 12 gauge shells.
- Improvised Mask: This handsome head apparel can be made by anyone, and it guarantees you all the ladies on the island.
- Night Vision Goggles: This is a simple strap with NVG that can be used to better navigate in the night and can be found in military zones.
- We added 30 caves on the island that you are free to use and make it your home!
- Pretty neat 6 taunts that you can use in the game!
We made distant LODs for Factory, Prion, Refinery and Airfield. What that means is that when you are looking in that direction from a long distance you will see buildings and if you look through a scope you won't see people walking in the air anymore. Also that reduces render distance for high taxing models that will impact performance.
- Re-designed gunshot sounds for KAr98 and SVD.
- Slightly increased audible range for sprint footsteps.
- Reduced sound range for rabbit and chicken.
- Updated some item descriptions for better clarifiaction.
- Added keybindings for basic gestures.
- Added suicide animations.
- Changed "Crafting bullets" to survival skill for easier bullet crafting. Also lowered the needed skill level to basic for handgun bullets (9mm, .50 AE and .357 calibre)
- Reduced the brightness of Nice Watch. When you do not look at it its dim when you take a look it brightens up.
- Fixed more landscape bugs (tears in the ground etc..)
- Fixed a bug where clothing items would apsob up to 8kg of water.
- Fixed heatstroke not causing coma correctly, resulting in the player to being able to move but unable to interact with anything.
- Fixed hyperthermia recovery. Now you can decrease your temperature by stripping clothes before it didn't affect it.
- Fixed client crash that sometimes occured when unequipping long-sleeved clothes.
- Fixed a bug where shooting a sentry when in an event would grant you experience.
- Fixed the bug that made the player unable to pick up an item from the vicinity by using double-click.
- Fixed the bug on the dam. Now players can't walk up on it anymore.
- Bottom right of C4 (C4_4) has no grass on the ground that impacts "search rocks" actions. We are working on tracking down the bug that causes that.