Devolver Digital released a new update for Serious Sam 4 today, October 9th. Below we have a list of all the bug fixes and contents of the update.
The Serious Sam 4 Update 1.04 is now available for download. We do not yet know the size of the download.
Serious Sam 4 Patch Notes 1.04
- By popular demand, and totally not because we messed up, the game will now save your inventory in your profile upon finishing a level. This means you can now continue your playthrough without losing all your stuff. Keep in mind that using cheats will prevent the inventory from saving.
- The “show weapon wheel” and “select last weapon” functions can now be bound to the same button, with the weapon wheel being shown upon holding the button.
- The vast emptiness of the France level has been filled up. Find the filling, and kill it. Let us know how you did.
- You can now press the weapon wheel button shortly to switch to your last weapon. Holding it will still show the weapon wheel.
- You can now customize your game difficulty by adjusting the enemy multiplier.
Stability and performance:
- Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash during longer Netricsa browsing sessions.
- Fixed a rare issue where some supported GPUs would be marked as unsupported by mistake.
- Various smaller performance and stability tweaks and fixes across GPU APIs.
Gameplay fixes and changes:
- Fixed an issue where specific Netricsa messages would not show up when intended.
- Pyro now has fire coming out of his flamethrower. He sent his original one for replacing. It was obviously broken.
- Piercing weapons will now actually pierce enemies when you shoot them from close range, and not fly out randomly.
- We have bought a new Grenade launcher for Sam. This new model can shoot continuously if you keep the LMB pressed.
- Enemies will no longer start to moonwalk after you shoot them from close range. They will die as all things should.
- Do you remember how big enemies outside of the black hole don’t explode when killed? Well, they do now.
- You can now use your finishing moves on Harpies as well.
Visual fixes and changes:
- The default color settings have been tweaked to liven things up. If you wish to adjust them further, please use the Color Options menu.
- Sam’s sprinting animation will no longer be activated randomly with the Born to Run skill unlocked.
- The Volcano on Gates of Hell finally erupted. It has particles and all.
- The ol’ Tractor now has a moving wheel. It’s crazy, I know.
- Various tweaks of the third person melee attacks.
- The laser now has a slightly improved secondary fire animation.
- Fixed issues with some Processed, Gnaar, and Beheaded melee finishing animations.
- Pyro will no longer do the Vogue T-Pose in the air when damaged. We don’t like dancers.
- Asian languages now have proper word wrapping.
- Various localization fixes for all languages. This is still work in progress, so you are more than welcome to report remaining issues with subtitles and/or menu strings.