Motive Studios has released a new update for Star Wars Squadrons. Below you can find the full patch notes on November 25.
The Star Wars: Squadrons Update 1.07 is now available for download, for all platforms. Today’s update 3.0 brings new content, next-gen improvements and bug fixes.
Star Wars Squadrons Patch Notes 1.07
- Added Fostar Haven as a map to Dogfight and Fleet Battles (Solo/Co-Op vs AI and PvP)
- Added next gen improvements
- The game now supports up to 120FPS and up to 4K on Xbox Series X|S
- Added an option for players on the Xbox Series X|S to prioritize enhanced visuals or enhanced performance
- Improved visual quality and lighting on PS5
- Variable frame rate support added for TVs and monitors that allow it
- The game now supports up to 120FPS and up to 4K on Xbox Series X|S
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash while changing loadouts
- Improved support for matchmaking between players with highly divergent load times
- Players who are not finished loading when the match begins will now have an additional window of time to join the match-in-progress rather than timing out on start
- Tweaked the brightness of light sources on PC so that they’re no longer too bright in some instances
- Fixed issue where the sky color of Esseles would appear to change when entering/exiting the station
- Fixed an issue where the menu voice over accessibility feature could not play after entering a lobby
- Fixed issue where Steam players could fail to log in if their screen name included certain unicode characters or emojis
- Various stability improvements and minor bug fixes.
- HOTAS support now allows for devices with up to 128 buttons (up from 40 buttons per device)
- Fixed issue on the Xbox One where HOTAS controls would be disabled if the controller went to sleep
- HOTAS devices that don’t have an X and Y axis, such as the Virpil throttle, are now properly recognized by the game
- Fixed issue on PC where a gamepad could become unresponsive if not paired as the primary controller when other input devices were plugged in.
- Added two new starfighter paint jobs: Typhoon Squadron for the New Republic and Interstellar for the Empire, the latter of which is inspired by the classic Kenner Products toys
- Added the Vandal TIE fighter paint job based on Sabine Wren’s iconic “handiwork”
- Added the Powerful Ally X-wing appearance based on Luke Skywalker’s swam-sunken X-wing from Dagobah
- Added the Zeltron Pilot head (Imperial)
- Added the Pantoran Pilot head (Imperial)
- Added the Venture set (jacket, pants, gloves) for the New Republic
- Added the Paladin set (flight suit, gloves, helmet) for the Empire
- Added the Navigator set (flight suit, gloves, helmet) for the Empire
- Marauder gloves will no longer cause the player’s hands to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where starfighters wouldn’t appear in the end-of-round transition screen.
- Reduced the Morale gain for AI kills while on defense from 4 to 3
- Morale gains and losses are no longer scaled based on the number of players present on the team
- Fixed an issue where match music would continue into the end-of-round screens after the match was over
- Corvettes and Raiders now spawn on a random side of the battlefield rather than in a fixed pattern
- Fixed an issue where the Nebulon-B could display the incorrect amount of shield strength it had in its objective UI.
- Made messaging clearer for Xbox players when trying to join a party that’s full
- Fixed issue where the social menu would lose functionality after exiting a PVP match as a spectator
- Fixed an issue where muting multiple players at a time could incorrectly mute additional players as well
- Fixed issue where laser sounds would fail to play when spectating a match in first-person
- Fixed an issue where UI and menu elements could overlap.
Starfighters & Components
- Added four new components:
- Boost Extension Kit has been added to the X-wing, Y-wing, TIE fighter, and TIE bomber
- Prototype Piercing Torpedoes have been added to the X-wing, Y-wing, TIE fighter, and TIE bomber
- Ion Rockets have been added to the X-wing, A-wing, TIE Fighter, and TIE Interceptor
- Anti-Material Rocket Turrets have been added to the U-wing and TIE reaper
- Added 60% maneuverability (turn rate) reduction while firing the Rotary cannon and Auto-aim Rotary cannon
- Does not apply during the charging stage before firing
- Using the Assault Shield component now reduces maneuverability to better balance its role as a capital ship assault or starfighter jousting tool rather than as an all-purpose component
- Fixed an issue where the Proton Bomb counter could display incorrectly after use
- Starfighters using the Overloaded Shield component now start will fully overcharged shields
- Fixed issue where ships from the wrong faction could appear in the hangar
- Increased audio volume for the player’s Tractor Beam
- Guided Burst Cannon damage reduced to 28% of the unguided variant (down from 35%)
- Fixed issue where the Vanguard paint job for the A-wing could have an unintended New Republic decal appearing on it when inside the cockpit
- Removed incorrectly assigned auto-aim symbol from the icon for the Composite Beam
- Different torpedo types now have distinct names when targeted (Proton vs Ion vs Piercing)
- Reduced A-wing shield regeneration rate by approximately 1/3
- Fixed an issue where the Unstable Engine could deal no damage to nearby targets.
- Fixed an issue where the player could have a black screen after redeploying from the hangar in Mission 13
- Fixed issue where Zerelda’s voice over could start during the load screen before Mission 1, resulting in an animation desync
- Fixed issue where the corvette could clip through the station in Mission 6
- Fixed issue where the player couldn’t complete the “Destroy Comm Array” objective if they died during the regroup-with-Gunny beat in Mission 6.
- Your current Skill Rating is now shown as its value instead of as a percentage of tier progress after playing a ranked Fleet Battle
- UI message for being in the low priority matchmaking queue is now clearer on how to get out of the low priority status: by playing more matches
- UI messaging around forfeiting while in the lobby is now clearer
- Fixed an issue where squadmates icons would not turn green when readied up
- Fixed an issue where the menu overlay could not appear in the redeploy screenProvided additional UI support for long names so that they display correctly
- Fixed an issue where the player could be unable to open menu during a match if the match begin while they were in a customization menu
- Fixed issue where the missile lock UI could stay on the screen briefly after switching targets
- Fixed issue where text said “Examine your squadron” instead of “Examine enemy squadron” in Squad Loadout while hovering over “Add friend”
- Fixed issue where ship marker UI could appear during outro cinematics while playing Fleet Battles vs AI
- Fixed typo in the description of the Mythosaur decal
- Fixed an issue where the daily challenge timer could start counting upward after reaching 0:00
- Fixed issue where holding the button rather than tapping it would not open the scoreboard during the post-match sequence
- Fixed an issue where starfighters could get greyed out if the player rapidly shuffled between them.
- Skyboxes now have increased resolution for high-rez VR headsets
- Added an option for PC players to adjust their VR resolution scaling
- Players using high resolution headsets (such as the Valve Index) should be able to enjoy higher frame rates without requiring the most powerful GPUs
- Added an option for PC users to use forward rendering, potentially improving their VR performance
- The game now uses less intensive forward shading when using the “Low” lighting quality setting in the graphics options, allowing VR to be used on mid-tier and even some lower-tier PCs
- Fixed an issue where black bars would appear when transitioning out of a PvP match if the player died at the same time.