Bandai Namco and the responsible developers have released a new update for Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris today. We have the full patch notes for this update on July 22nd.
The Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Update 1.03 can now be downloaded and installed for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
With today’s update there is a lot of new content, like the new raid dungeoan and 4 new maps. Of course there are also improvements and bug fixes.
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Update 1.03 Details
New Additional Contents
- A “Raid Dungeon” and 4 new maps has been added.
- The Spire of Eternity Research
- The Lost Paradise
- The Silent Icegaol
- Beastsnare Grotto
- With the addition of the “Raid Dungeon”, new accessories have been added as a reward”.
- Added Wayfarer “ReoNa” and her Sub Episode.
- Added “Prize Outfit (Medina)”.
- Added “Icethorn/Goldflower Warrior Garb” in the Visualize Attire. (Can be equipped by: Kirito, Eugeo, Alice, Selka, Sortiliena, Ronie, Tiese, Medina, Asuna, Silica, Lisbeth, Leafa, and Sinon.)
- After Chapter 1 is completed, costumes worn by the residence in the Underworld will be unlocked in the Visualize Attire (Total of 18 costumes for male characters, and 33 costumes for female characters. Costumes can be worn by Kirito and Eugeo).
- Added Finish Arts to the “Mirage Blade of Inferno”.
- Added numerous Face patterns and Hairstyles options in the Character Create
- Added “Gavel of Gluttony”, “Wayfarer Armor”, and “Dark Knight Claymore” in the visualize attire with conditions.
Issues where the player is stuck or uncontrollable.
- Chapter 1: “First Real Fight”, “Low Attendance”:
The player may be unable to progress through the event after talking to Ronie and Tiese. Now, players will able to talk to Ronie or Tiese again after saving and returning to the title screen after only talking to one of the characters.
- Chapter 1: “All That You Can Be” event (Sadore’s event):
If the player accepts the service quest “Marriage Mishap” during the “All That You Can Be” event, the player may get stuck when moving to Sadore’s shop while being told to go to Abyssena’s shop. Players are now able to successfully complete both quests.
- Chapter 1: “Labyrinth of Memories”
Players have been unable to go down to the 90th floor from the 95th floor as they are blocked by an invisible wall. Now, players can now successfully go back to the 90th floor from the 95th floor.
- Chapter 2: Fixed an issue that occurs during the event where the player needs to proceed to the town of Sustira in Sothercrois.
- Chapter 3: “Clamp Cluster”
Fixed the issue where the player will not be able to proceed due to being blocked by an invisible wall on certain occasions.
- Service quest: Fixed the issue where the player gets stuck during the service quest; “Defeating the Waterfall Beasts”.
- Others: During the main quest in Warmia Greenbelt, Deusoldort Desert, and Cordea Plains, partner characters used to trigger an event that prohibits the player to go beyond the playable area, and repeat labeling the same text, but now partner characters will no longer trigger that event.
Fixed the issue where players will be stuck when they perform a back flip on a certain location in the 95th floor of Central Cathedral.
- Online Multiplayer: Players with a low progress of the main quest will not match with players with a higher progress, and the progress will not be affected by the host player.
- Fixed issues where players will clip through the map in certain areas.
- Fixed issues where the snow and rain weather effects slows the game.
- Improved loading and FPS issues. (Further improvements is planned in upcoming updates)
- Improved camera controls (Further improvements is planned in upcoming updates).
- “Auto-Jump Obstacles” settings will now only apply when the player is running.
- Fixed the issue where progress would not be saved when crafting multiple items repeatedly.
- Fixed the issue where the proficiency of party members will decrease under certain occasions.
- Fixed the issue where the enemy character would cancel their winning animation when the player loses a Bladelock.
- Fixed the issue where the camera gets locked when the player becomes unable to fight.
- Fixed the issue where the player was able to move the camera while sharing the bed with a partner.
- Fixed the issue where hints for Main Quest would show up above another player.
- Changed the label of item rarities so it is easier to understand.
- Added the “Combat log” option.
- Items can now have a discount depending on the player’s Renown.
- While no enemies are targeting the player, pressing down the left stick will allow the player to sheathe and run.
- Lowered the difficulty of Chapter 1.
- When a deflect is successfully pulled off, the follow up attack will no longer be cancelled by guarding.
- Enemies teleporting back to its original position will no longer reset its health.
- Fixed the issue where the player will clip through the wall when using certain sword skills in certain areas.
- Improved the speed of changing tabs in the menu.
- Fixed the issue where an unintended icon would appear on screen when Ally Skills are pulled off.
- Fixed issues where the pin on the map will disappear on certain occasions.
- Fixed the issue where the weapon you bought and equipped at a store will not be reflected in the model in the main menu.
- Fixed the issue where the quest icon changes under certain occasions.
- Fixed and balanced overall issues regarding the Wayfarer.
- Fixed the issue where the camera moves unintentionally when talking to a Wayfarer while a battle starts in the other player’s game.
- Fixed graphical issues regarding character’s equipment.
- Fixed the issue where the guest player cannot bring an NPC Wayfarer to multiplayer mode.
- Fixed the issue where the player starts outside of a map when failed to synchronize quest progress.
- Fixed the issue where players will be unable to control their character when revived during a swimming state.
- Fixed the issue where the guest player will not be able to control their character when the connection fails during certain occasions.
- Fixed the issue where the sitting motion is not synchronized between players in the same lobby.
- Fixed the issue where guest players with a low progress of the main quest was able to join a lobby with a higher progress rate.
- Fixed the issue with the quest icons being labeled unintentionally when the player opens the map in Santoria.
- Fixed several descriptions of certain quests.
- Fixed sub episodes “Alice’s Resolve: Her Final Fight” and “Medina’s Resolve: Her Final Fight” to be accessible even after a certain period of time.
- Fixed certain text colors to match their effect.
- Fixed issues regarding Bladelock
- Corrected the description of “Heavy Blow” to match its motion.
- Increased overall damage of Sword Skills.
- Fixed enemies’ motions when certain skills are used.
- Balanced the attacks by Bows to increase its range of normal attacks.
- Fixed motions of certain skills.
- Fixed the labels Buff List to show correct icons.
- Adjusted several effects pulled by certain sword effects.
- Fixed the issue where the buff “HP Slip” is triggered unintentionally in Santoria.
- Added tutorial for Wayfarers and Play Avatars.
- Fixed typographical errors in certain tutorials.
- Fixed issues where the tutorial would not get triggered.
- Fixed issues where the tutorial video gets disturbed.
- Fixed the issue where the “Customization Points” gets used under certain occasions when setting an Arts Code.
- Balanced overall settings of the Advanced Coding system.
- Fixed certain texts regarding the Arts Code conditions.
- Fixed the issue where the direction pad gets uncontrollable after deleting an Arts Code.
- Fixed the issue where an application error occurs when editing the storage of the Arts Code under certain occasions.
- Fixed the issue where the pre-set number of the Arts Code changes unintentionally.
- Fixed the issue where a message window pops up unintentionally after the player cancels deleting a Segment.
- Fixed the issue where players will not be able to change their weapons after certain controls in the Records Menu.
- Fixed the issue where the combat Skill “Beast’s Bellow” was un-recordable.
- Fixed other minor bugs and issues.
The Ver1.03 patch includes improvements for the content listed below, but we will continue to make more improvements in future updates.
- Loading time
- Frame rate
- Auto save points
- Camera movements and controls
- Mouse / Key assignments
Source: Bandai Namco