EA has released a new update for the Sims 4. We have the full list of all changes and new content on May 30, 2021.
The Sims 4 Update 1.42 is now available for download. Unfortunately, we do not know the size of the download at the moment, but it can vary depending on the platform.
The Sims 4 Patch Notes 1.42
- Additional Bunk Bed Placement Options
- Likes and Dislikes
- New Hair Colors!
- We fixed an issue for both Xbox and PlayStation that made Turning Off the Dust System introduced in Bust the Dust problematic and could cause Games to Freeze.
- We fixed an issue that didn’t allow for all Sims in Careers and those in School to go to Work/School during any time off or Holidays, except for Vacation. Because if you are on Vacation, you are on Vacation. Don’t be like me, I work on Vacation.
- I have heard of making nervous purchases but never about nervous cooking… Sims however will no longer endlessly autonomously cook food and then forget about it. Food is a terrible thing to waste.
- If you were worried about leftover food from excessive cooking… and the fact that Sims were not eating it, even when they were actually Hungry. Fear not, now Sims will autonomously Eat Leftovers when they are Hungry. No food waste here!
- We have fixed an issue that made Babies’ Skin Tones not match in different parts of Gameplay, like Interaction queues.
- Did your Sim want to Leave Work Early, but couldn’t? We all have been there sometimes, now your Sims can do so though!
- Cleaning up after Toddlers can be overwhelming, but at least normally you know where the things to clean come from at the time it happens, right? Now when you see a mess on the floor from fruits and vegetables from Sims resetting when toddlers eat them around them? Now that is unfair. No worries, now that won’t happen… we hope.
- Are you Sad Sim? Are you Sad, really Sad? Traveling across all Worlds, you shouldn’t be… Sad, and without a Moodlet. Sad around the Worlds… you shouldn’t be.
- Sims that were Sad all the time without a Moodlet to tell you why? It should no longer occur.
- As always this Editor and the Localization Team have tweaked and improved some of the Text and Translations across all Packs.
- We have put a stop to Error Codes: 102:eb3376f3:a777e5d8 and 109:812fe7cb:f1565180 that appeared for some Simmers. We hope it is not the second coming of the Error Code saga… well, I hope so anyway.
Get to Work
- Fixed a visual issue with Create a Sim assets ymHair_EP01LongWavySwept and yfHair_EP01LongWavySwept that made seam lines appear when they were applied to opposite Frames.
Realm of Magic
- Spellcaster Sims will no longer get reset when Brewing Potions gets canceled and then Resumed.
Journey to Batuu
- The Grand Entrance Cantina Door has been made available in Build Mode again in the Tall Door sort.
- Fixed a visual issue with Create a Sim Top yfTop_SP08TeeBoatNeck that made it seem like it had some weird shadowing – not foreshadowing, we hope – or weird coloring on the knotted hem.
- We have added the Relax interaction for Loveseats that are part of Murphy Beds. So Relax… but can you? On a Murphy Bed? <winky face ;)>
- Neither Snow nor Rain nor sunny days nor Vlad in the gloom of night shall stay these items from Ship on Plopsy. Sims are now able to Ship all their masterpieces to swift completion on Plopsy.
- While we were working on the shipping service in Plopsy, we also fixed an issue that made the option of Ship on Plopsy display twice… I guess, if one failed, the other worked? Better safe than sorry!
- We fixed a visual issue caused by Create a Sim asset yfTop_SP18BlouseCrop_SolidOrange that made yfShoes_SP18MaryJanes_Black look a bit streaky… not chic. Similarly, it also created an issue with yfBottom_GP08SkirtLayered from Realm of Magic… coincidence? Only the Paranormal know.
Bust the Dust
- The Clean Surroundings Moodlet’s power was way over 9000! So it was really hard to have Sims go through other Moods, so to speak. While cleaning can be… a choice, we needed to balance things around here.