Game Director of World of Warcraft has revealed what’s in patch 8.1 “Tides of Vengeance”. There’s a lot going on for the players: two new raids, fresh war fronts, and more.
Patch 8.1 is titled “Tides of Vengeance” and is driving the war between Horde and Alliance. As the alliance finally takes hold of the Zandalari Empire, the Naga are getting ready to put their sinister plans into action. At the same time there are new War Fronts and even legacy armor for old folks!
Main features of the new Patch 8.1
- The War Campaign will be continued
- New Feature: Incursions. The so-called “Incursions” are comparable to the attacks of the legion from the last addon. However, Horde and Alliance forces attack and occupy entire areas.
- New story quests for Saurfang, Tyrande and Vol’jin
- Legacy Armor for Blood Elves and Dwarves – other races come in later patches
- New Warfront: Darkshore – The night elves are trying to reclaim their lands from the undead. Then you do not have to wait so long.
Two new Raids brings Patch 8.1
New Raid: The Siege of Zuldazar – Raid I
- The Alliance attacks the Zandalari Empire
- The Horde must defend
- Different raid experience, depending on the faction
- A total of 9 bosses
Crucible of Storms – Raid II
- A raid under the Shrine of Storms
- 2 bosses
- comes much later, after the siege of Zuldazar
These are just the highlights in Update 8.1 to World of Warcraft. There are many other novelties and improvements as well.
Patch 8.1, Tides of Vengeance, is expected to hit live servers later this year, likely at some point in November or early December.