Erik Asmussen has released a new campaign update for Factory Town. Below are the full patch notes for this August 22nd update.
The Factory Town Campaign Update is now available for download. The patch adds new campaign maps and some adjustments are made.
Factory Town Patch Notes Aug 22
Features / Improvements
- Added Campaign Maps 1 and 2. These are custom-built maps with specific start conditions and goals, and are unlocked in a progression. To access these, choose New Game, then Campaign.
- Non-sandbox maps from previous versions of the game are assigned the default victory conditions (“Build OmniTemple”)
- Added customizable Victory Conditions, accessible during game creation and in-game editor function. Min happiness, min required buildings of specific types, min required player items, min items produced (even if consumed) and min base level can all be set independently.
- If School is disabled in game rules, then buildable items that depend on research are automatically hidden
- Can now modify Research Recipe properties
- Added Max Base Level as editable value on global rules. Will automatically hide any buildable items that are unobtainable based on the set value of this max level restriction.
- Added Max House Level as editable value on global rules.
- Base can now have its population-provided-per-level adjusted. Default is ‘4’, can enter comma-separated values to change population provided per-level (e.g. ‘4, 8, 12, 16’…)
- Can directly enable or disable an item from the right-click menu when editing rules
- Improved performance on selected building UI
- UI panels preserve their position when closed
- Some UI panels can be resized by dragging on window edges and corners
- Added new models for the Base to make each level more distinct
- Will now show a save prompt if you try to load a new map while in a non-saved map
- Main game menu now has distinct ‘save’ and ‘save as’ options. ‘Save’ only appears if you have previously saved the map
- When zoomed in, Tilt Shift blur is now dependent on camera depth, not screen position
- Minor structures are not shown in Unlock Notifications
- Added tooltip when hovering main Happiness display icon, showing current Happiness Level, production bonus, and happiness required for next bonus level.
- Added new Biome: Low Ridges
- Fixed bug: Disabling a default recipe for a building in the Rule Editor would not be stored or have any effect
- Fixed bug: Pinned menus were dismissed when ESC key pressed
- Fixed bug: disabled items were still showing up in House sell categories
- Fixed bug: foot paths spawning under initial base position
- Fixed bug: inventory icons would be incorrect size when UI scaling applied
- Fixed bug: Wagons wouldn’t prefer foot paths over grass even though they get a foot path movement speed bonus
- Fixed bug: Houses and Base wouldn’t display the correct level-dependent preview when moving or placing
- Fixed bug: unintended unlock notification when switching creative mode on and off
- Fixed bug: possible error if House Population Provided did not include enough array entries
- Fixed bug: right-click menu was not dismissed when clicking on blank part of menu
- Fixed bug: Item Generators would not output anything if an OmniPipe was hooked up to its primary output
- Wagon, Chute, Stairs, and Fence require Woodworking research but no other buildings
- Road, Road Ramp, Bridge, Stone Wall, Stone Bridge Stone Arch, Stone Bench, and Stone Pillars require Masonry research, not the Stone Mason building
- Decorative Lantern requires Metallurgy research, not the Forge building
- Farm Tile requires Farming research, not the Farm building
- School now only requires Base Level 2, instead of Base level 3
- Workshop no longer automatically unlocks at Base Level 3, instead requires Woodworking research
- Farming and Basic Logistic research requires Base Level 3
- Woodworking research only costs 1 coin per research
- All research requires 100 count of recipe completions
- Significantly reduced all purple coin requirements for (non-infinite) research recipes
- Base Level 3 requires Stone Bricks instead of Stone, and 100 yellow coins instead of 50
- Paper recipe no longer requires Base Level 3
- Paper recipe now requires 1 Wood instead of 2 Wood, and Produces 2 Paper instead of 1 Paper
- House upgrade level 4 costs 25 Red Coins instead of 100 Yellow Coins
- Wagons and Caravans move slightly faster on foot paths than previously
- Sandwich is requested by house at level 4 instead of house level 3
- Warm Coat is requested by house at house level 4 instead of house level 5
- Fluid Pipe research requires Base Level 3 and Basic Logistics, costs 1 Red Coin and 1 Writing Supplies per research instead of 2 Yellow Coins and 1 Writing Supply
- Basic Logistics requires 1 Red Coin per research instead of 4 Yellow Coins
- Tree Planter requires 4 Planks instead of 2 Iron Plates
- Forester costs 20 Stone instead of 20 Stone Bricks
- Gourmet Foods costs 20 Planks instead of 20 Iron Plates