Valve Corporation developers released a new PC update for Half-Life Alyx today. Below you will find the complete patch notes for this update on April 1st.
The Half-Life Alyx Update 1.2 can now be downloaded. With today’s patch the controller options are improved and there are further adjustments and bug fixes.
Half-Life Alyx Update 1.2 Patch Notes
- Added full-featured support for left / right hand for movement controls, independently of left / right hand for weapon controls.
To use this: Select Left / Right hand in the in-game UI, and then select the desired Weapon / Off-Hand bindings in the SteamVR controller bindings UI.
- Added an option to draw subtitles and captions to the spectator window only.
- Clarified Height Adjust accessibility options, and set better defaults across various controllers.
- Improved discoverability of the Performance UI settings.
- Added better detection of low-memory situations.
- Fixed a UI issue where graphics settings would appear to drop from Medium to Low.
- Fixed not being able to use Quick Back, Shift-Dash-Jump, and teleport feet rotation when Controller Turning was turned off.
- Also fixed a case where loading a left-handed savegame from the Main Menu could cause the player to lose ammo.
- Fixed savegames where the SMG was missing parts of its model.
- Fixed a number of crashes.