A new update for War Thunder was deployed today. We have all the details about this Patch on June 2nd.
War Thunder Red Skies Update 3.67 is now available for download. Today’s patch only includes new ground vehicles, new naval vessels, locations and mor. There are also a few adjustments and bug fixes.
War Thunder Patch Notes
11 new ground vehicles and brand new mechanic – commander’s sight!
Rank VII for most modern jets in line with the expanded 11.0 Battle Rating
Many new aircraft, including the MiG-23M and a premium F-5C in the famous Red Menace camouflage!
6 new naval vessels and a new naval shell chase camera view for better aiming!
New locations and missions
- The mechanics of firefighting assistance has been added to ground battles. The ability to extinguish fires for all allies is available for light tanks and by playing in a squad you can help with it for any squad member regardless of the player’s vehicle (like repair). In order to assist, the ally must not be able to fight fire themself – no FPE module on the vehicle or it is out of supply. By extinguishing fire the player will spend one of their own FPE units.
- The mechanics of commander’s sight has been added for some ground vehicles of ranks IV-VII. The list of pre-configured vehicles (will be updated as mechanics are added to other vehicles)
- USA: HSTV-L, M103, M1128, M1A2 Abrams, M247, M3A3 Bradley, M41A1, M47, M48A1, M60, M60A1 (AOS), M60A1 RISE (P), M60A2, M60 AMBT, M60A3 TTS, M901, Magach 3, MBT-70, Merkava Mk.1, Merkava Mk.2B, Merkava Mk.3D, T54E1, T92, T95E1, XM-803.
- Germany: Begleitpanzer 57, SPz BMP-1, Gepard, JPz 4-5, KPz-70, Leopard 1A5, Leopard 2A4, Leopard 2A5, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 2K, Leopard 2 PL, Leopard A1A1 (L/44), C2A1, Leopard I, Leopard A1A1, Marder A1-, mKPz M47 G, M48A2 C, M48A2 G A2, M48 Super, Jagdtiger, Radkampfwagen 90, JaPz.K A2, Class 3 (P), TAM, TAM 2C, TAM 2IP.
- USSR: BMP-1, BMP-2M, IS-3, IS-4M, IS-7, IT-1, Object 120, Object 268, Object 279, Object 685, Object 906, PT-76B, SU-122-54, T-10A, T-10M, T-54 (1947), T-54 (1949), T-54 (1951), T-55AM-1, T-55A, T-62, T-62M-1, T-64B, T-64A (1971), T-72AV (TURMS-T), T-80B, T-80BVM, T-80U, Т-90А, Type 62, ZPRK 2S6, ZSU-23-4,ZSU-37-2.
- Britain: Centurion Action X, Centurion Mk.10, Centurion Mk.3, Strv 81 (RB 52), Centurion Mk.5/1, Challenger Mk.2, Challenger 2 (2F), Challenger 2, Challenger Mk.3, Chieftain Marksman, Chieftain Mk.10, Chieftain Mk.3, Chieftain Mk.5, Conqueror, Falcon, Striker, Caernarvon, FV4202, Warrior, Olifant Mk.1A, Olifant Mk.2, Rooikat 105, Rooikat Mk.1D, Rooikat MTTD, ZA-35, Stormer HVM, TTD, VFM5, Vickers MBT, Vickers Mk.7.
- Japan: M41A1, M47, ST-A3, STB-1, Type 16, Type 61, Type 74, Type 74 F, Type 74G, Type 89, Type 90, Type 90 (B).
- China: M48A1, M60A3 TTS, PGZ09, PT-76, PTL02, PTZ89, Т-62 №545, Type 59, ZTZ59D1, Type 62, Type 63-I, Type 69, T-69 II G, ZBD86, WMA301, ZTZ99.
- France: AMX-10RC, AMX-30, AMX-30 (1972), AMX-30 ACRA, AMX-30B2, AMX-30B2 BRENUS, AMX-30 DCA, AMX-32, AMX-40, AMX-50 Foch, AMX-50 Surbaissé, AMX-50 Surblindé, Leclerc, Leclerc S2, MARS 15, SK-105A2.
- Italy: Centauro, Centauro ROMOR, Ariete, Ariete (P), Ariete PSO, Centauro MGS, Leopard 1A5, M47 (105/55), M60A1 “D.C.Ariete”, OF-40, OF-40 Mk.2A, OF-40 (MTCA), OTOMATIC.
- Sweden: CV 90105 TML, CV 90120, Strv 101, Strv 104, Strv 121, Strv 122A, Strv 81, Strv 81 (RB 52).
- The mechanics of using duplicate fire controls (a simulation of the commander’s use of redundant controls and ocular gunner sight periscope) by commander has been added for some ground vehicles of ranks V-VII. In case of loss of consciousness a gunner will retain fire control if this feature is in operation on the tank and the tank commander is also alive. The list of pre-configured vehicles (will be updated as mechanics are added to other vehicles):
- USA: HSTV-L, M1 Abrams, IPM1, M103, M1128, M1A1 Abrams, M1A2 Abrams, M247, M3 Bradley, M3A3 Bradley, M41A1, M47, M48A1, M551, M60, M60A1 (AOS), M60A1 RISE (P), M60 AMBT, M60A3 TTS, Magach 3, MBT-70, Merkava Mk.1, Merkava Mk.2B, Merkava Mk.3D, T54E1, T92, T95E1, XM8, XM-803, XM-1 (Chrysler), XM-1 (GM).
- Germany: Begleitpanzer 57, Gepard, KPz-70, Leopard 1A5, Leopard 2A4, Leopard 2A5, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 2K, Leopard 2 PL, Leopard A1A1 (L/44), C2A1, Leopard I, Leopard A1A1, Marder A1-, mKPz M47 G, M48A2 C, M48A2 G A2, M48 Super, Radkampfwagen 90, JaPz.K A2, Class 3 (P), TAM, TAM 2C, TAM 2IP.
- USSR: BMP-2, BMP-2M, BMP-3, T-72AV (TURMS-T), T-72B3, T-80U, T-80BVM, Т-90А.
- Britain: Challenger Mk.2, Challenger 2 (2F), Challenger 2, Challenger Mk.3, Chieftain Marksman, Chieftain Mk.10, Chieftain Mk.3, Chieftain Mk.5, Conqueror, Falcon, Warrior, Rooikat 105, Rooikat Mk.1D, Rooikat MTTD, ZA-35, TTD, VFM5, Vickers Mk.7.
- Japan: M41A1, STB-1, Type 16, Type 74, Type 74 F, Type 74G, Type 89, Type 90, Type 90 (B).
- China: CM11, M48A1, M60A3 TTS, PGZ09, ZTZ96A, ZTZ99.
- France: AMX-10RC, AMX-30, AMX-30 (1972), AMX-30 ACRA, AMX-30B2, AMX-30B2 BRENUS, AMX-30 DCA, AMX-30 Super, AMX-32, AMX-40, Leclerc, Leclerc S2, SK-105A2.
- Italy: Centauro, Centauro ROMOR, Ariete, Ariete (P), Ariete PSO, Centauro MGS, Dardo , Leopard 1A5, M47 (105/55), M60A1 “D.C.Ariete”, OF-40, OF-40 Mk.2A, OF-40 (MTCA), OTOMATIC.
- Sweden: CV 90105 TML, CV 90120, Strv 121, Strv 122A, Strv 122B PLSS, Strf 9040C, Strf 9040 BILL, Lvkv 9040C.
- The mechanics of range correction in the sight based on range measurement results with laser rangefinder has been added to ground RB.
- Torpedo speed multiplier in AB has been changed from a constant ‘equal to 3’ to a piecewise linear dependence on the traveled distance:
- Up to 4 km the multiplier is 3;
- From 4 to 8 km multiplier drops linearly from 3 to 1;
- Over 8 km the multiplier is 1.
- Tracked vehicles are now more controllable on turning and pivoting, inertia in the direction of the turn has been reduced, the turn ends faster when the turn control has been released.
- Thermal vision render has been improved, the picture looks more natural when using green or red channels.
- Nuclear blast effect has been updated. On “Maximum” and “Movie” modes you may now see the blast wave destroying buildings and environments. Blast wave details for other graphic modes have been reduced.
- New hit effects for the 206-480 mm shells have been added.
- New effects for artillery explosions in ground battles have been added.
- New effects when hitting red bricks have been added.
- Visual shot effect has been hidden in a naval vessels’s sight to improve visibility.
- FV4005 — The visual shot effect has been changed.
- New shooting effect type has been added for the 40 mm anti-aircraft guns.
- The time for smoke disappearing and its appearanve when aircraft bombs explode have been adjusted.
- Effects of fires and smoke on the ground have been reworked and improved.
- Erroneous night glow on some effects has been removed.
- The problem with low FPS while flying behind a burning aircraft has been fixed.
- All smoke trail effects on missiles have been changed.
- All aircraft fire effects have been changed.
- Sparks for all hit effects have been optimized and unified.
- Effect of bursting shells in the air has been updated.
- The trajectory of falling shells continues to be highlighted when switching weapon groups after the shot. To do this you need to enable the corresponding option in the settings.
- The visibility of naval shell traces has been improved.
- The sound of all ground vehicles guns, except for machine guns, have been reworked for third-person and gunner view with all allied and enemy vehicles. Powder blast is emphasized, while part of metallic sounds have been removed.
- Aircraft firing sounds have been improved, all shots now have increased density at low frequencies.
- New sounds of the vehicle tracks have been added for the ground vehicles produced in the 80’s and later. There are 4 types in total: tracks for main battle tanks, tracks for light tanks, tracks for amphibians, tracks for infantry fighting vehicles.
- Unique vehicle track sounds have been added for all enemy/allied ground vehicles in accordance with the sounds of the player’s vehicles..
- Authentic track sounds for the STRV103 series have been introduced.
- New sounds for the ATGM TOW system have been created – sound of a launching missile’s navigation system before launching and the sound of the missile firing.
- A new mechanism for the sound of ground vehicles falling onto the suspension has been added.
- The system for managing the sound events of explosions has been improved so that an excess of explosions doesn’t cause the loss of some important sound events such as enemy engines and track sounds.
- Explosion sounds have been reworked so that they now fade out more clearly with distance to a listener and do not create local oversaturated areas that could potentially begin to overload the game sound mix in the low frequency area or suppress the overall sound level.
- The global reverb system has been redesigned so as to improve the positioning of sound events and to make the game’s sound mix cleaner.
- Internal game sound channel routing has been redesigned for more correct sound reproduction on multi channel speaker systems.
- Overload of the game sounds on the consoles during an intensive battle and shots from the main calibre cannons on ships have been fixed.
- The sound of rapid fire anti-aircraft guns that was disappearing on consoles has been fixed.
- The sound design of several areas on the Seversk 13 location has been created in order to emphasize the atmosphere and mood of the location.
Changes and fixes for VR devices
- VR: The game now utilizes OpenXR. VR support has been reworked:
- Depth perception has been improved.
- Visual clarity has been improved compared to the previous implementation at the same supersampling levels. This also allows players to achieve similar quality at lower supersampling levels.
- The overall image quality in VR has been improved.
- TAA is now supported in VR (while the option was previously available in the UI, it had no effect in VR).
- DLSS is now supported in VR.
- There are now three options for in-game flatscreen mirror windows: both eyes (similar to the old implementation), left or right eye only (both adjusted to the window’s aspect ratio).
- Zoom axis now works across all cameras in VR, not just in cockpit view.
- Oculus ASW should now produce better results.
- GUI has been adjusted to require less head movement in VR to reach corner elements.
- Double vision and/or artifacts around close objects have been fixed.
- Incorrect lighting and shadowing of a fuselage when viewed from the cockpit have been fixed.
- Fighter Pilot Tutorial not being completable in VR has been fixed.
Check out the full changelog right here.