A new update for War Thunder was released on Steam today. We have all the details about the War Thunder Update Regia Marina Patch on July 8th.
The War Thunder War Regia Marina Update (Build 5264349) is now ready for download, for PC on Steam. With this patch there are changes for missions and locations and a lot more.
War Thunder Regia Marina Update – July 8
Changes to missions and locations
- Enduring confrontation. The front line now reflects the shape of sectors (now it is drawn not with a curved line, but with rectangular lines along the borders of sectors).
- Naval Enduring confrontation. Known and reported bugs with the visualization of the front line on Malta and Saipan after capturing and recapturing ports, have been fixed.
- Naval Enduring confrontation. A bug has been fixed when the base targeted for bombing, located in the same square as the port, did not disappear when capturing the port.
- Naval Enduring confrontation. Disabling the respawn point in port is now possible only when the number of enemy vessels is greater than the friendly ones (only for ships and player-controlled aircraft which have landed either on the ground or at sea). A lone vessel can no longer block the respawn.
- A bug with a user mission crash involving infantry has been fixed.
- Roads have been corrected in the following locations: Ladoga, Kuban, Hurtgen Forest, Stalingrad, Mozdok, Moscow.
- Visual bugs have been corrected in the following locations: Abandoned Factory, White Rock Fortress, Tropical Island, Emperor’s Garden, French Coast, New Zealand Cape, South Kvarken, Carelia, Kuban (Ground Forces), American Desert, Port Novorossiysk.
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- T-72A — upper front plate protection parameters with kinetic and cumulative effects have been corrected. The equivalent of protection against kinetic effects is set equal to 405 mm, from cumulative – 500-510 mm. Previously, the protection against cumulative rounds was erroneously overstated.
- T-80B — upper front plate protection parameters with kinetic and cumulative effects have been corrected. The equivalent of protection against kinetic effects is set equal to 420 mm, from cumulative – 520-530 mm.
- T-64B — upper front plate protection parameters with kinetic effect have been corrected. The equivalent of protection against kinetic effects is set equal to 440 mm.
- M3 Bradley – TOW launcher unfolding time has been reduced.
- 9P149 Sturm-S – a bug allowing a shot on the move when the reload ends has been fixed.
- A bug with lateral friction of tracks, where vehicles could climb steep mountains and hills, moving parallel to the slope, has been fixed.
- A bug where switching the types of shells could not be fixed on replays has been fixed.
- Centauro MGS – armour has been added to optics.
- P40, P40 “G.C. Leoncello” – artefact obstructions have been removed from the gunner’s sight (report).
- M60A1 RISE (P) – artefact obstructions have been removed from the gunner’s sight (report).
- CV 90120 – the gun animation has been fixed (report).
- Strv 122 – some NERA armour elements have been marked as volumetric.
- SPz BMP-1 -the gun animation has been corrected.
- T-34 (1st Gv.T.Br.) — smoke round has been added.
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- Firebrand TF.Mk.IV – a bug has been fixed where rocket pylons might appear on the model even on the modification without rockets.
- Mi-35M – the protection cover has been removed from the electro-optical warfare system module.
- SB2U-2, SB2U-3 – a bug with ‘shifting’ mounted weapons has been fixed.
- AH-1S Kisarazu — the tail rotor texture has been fixed.
- UH-1B, UH-1C, UH-1C XM-30 — moving 7.62mm MGs aiming angles have been fixed.
- F-104A, F-104C — a bug where the x-ray model was not consistent to the visual model, has been fixed (report).
- F-104G — cockpit textures have been fixed on the external model.
- Phantom FGR.2 — the lack of animation on mounted gun pods has been fixed.
- J22-A, J22-B — the lack of animation of the right aileron has been fixed. (report).
- P-40E (all series) — the visual model of the landing gear has been fixed.
- P-51K — the lack of shooting animation of the wing machine guns has been fixed. (report).
- Vautour (all series) — the display of speed on cockpit instruments has been fixed (report).
- The launching of the air-to-air missiles Igla, Stinger and Mistral from a launcher is now carried out with an offset above the target instead of pulling-up after launch, this is exactly how the launch takes place in reality.
- Hs 123 A-1 — an invisible tail hook has been removed (report).
- Gladiator (all series) — the display of speed on cockpit instruments has been fixed.
- B6N (all series) — the pilot camera position in the cockpit has been fixed (report).
Flight model changes
- F-104 (all series) – the weight of engines in x-ray mode has been corrected; the max speed on 100% thrust has been increased.
- F4U7/AU-1 – a bug has been fixed which caused decreased controllability in all types of controls.
- Hunter (all series) – a bug has been fixed which caused increased fuel consumption.
- Ki-100 – a bug has been fixed causing delayed achievement of desired revs.
- Ki-45 (all series) – the flight model has been completely updated in correspondence to the actual abilities of the physics model. Polars of the wings, fuselage, and propeller blades have been recalculated and specified. Moments of inertia have been specified. Engine operating modes have also been specified. Fuel distribution in tanks has been corrected.
- Mirage IIIC – a bug in the engine’s thermodynamic in WEP mode has been fixed. The nature of stalling at high altitudes has been adjusted.
- P-47-N15 – a bug leading to increased consumption of anti-knock liquid on WEP has been fixed.
- PBM-3 – a bug with the bouncing of the aircraft in the hangar when switching to it has been fixed.
- J35D – max speed at altitude has been increased according to reference data.
- Sea Hawk (all series) – a bug with wing high-lift devices and the airbrake has been fixed.
- Scimitar F Mk.1 – a bug leading to the incorrect operation of aileron amplifiers resulting in a decrease of the angular roll speed at subsonic speeds has been fixed. Now there will be no speed drop.
- Swift (all series) – aircraft incorrect fuel consumption has been fixed.
- B-17G – a bug leading to incorrect engine overheat has been fixed.
- SBD-3 – the flight model has been completely updated in correspondence to the actual abilities of the physics model. Polars of the wings, fuselage, and propeller blades have been recalculated and specified. Moments of inertia have been specified. Engine operating modes have also been specified. Fuel distribution in tanks has been corrected.
Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- The armour piercing capabilities of the front cone shrapnel for HE rounds has been increased towards splash penetration.
- Vosper 70′ GIS 811 — elevation and traverse angles of the stern quad gun have been increased.
Naval characteristics, physics and damage model
- Admiral Graf Spee, Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen, Leipzig, Nurnberg, IJN Furutaka, IJN Mogami, IJN Suzuya, IJN Mikuma, IJN Tone, HMS Belfast, HMS Hawkins, HMS Kent — an experimental system of anti-torpedo bulges has been introduced. Bulges on light cruisers are able to protect against torpedoes with an explosive weight not exceeding 200 kg in TNT-eq. Bulges of heavy cruisers protect against torpedoes up to 250 kg in TNT-eq. If the anti-torpedo bulge is destroyed/breached, any further torpedo hits inflict full damage to the ship’s hull.
- PGH-2, PG 02, Sparviero — the collision geometry on the boat’s bottom has been specified.
- Siebelfähre 40 Leichte Flakkampffähre, Siebelfähre 40 Schwere Flakkampffähre — the crew has been redistributed in the compartments, which gives them greater survivability to damage from heavy machine guns. Ammunition has been moved to the deck. The buoyancy(unsinkability) of the barge has grown significantly due to the restructuring of the pontoons.
- AF D3, AF D1 — the crew has been redistributed in the compartments, which gives them greater survivability to damage from heavy machine guns. The volume of the radio room has been increased. The concrete rails have been refined.
- LCS(L)(3) — the crew has been redistributed in the compartments, which gives them greater survivability to damage from heavy machine guns. The volume of the conning room has been reduced.
- Admiral Graf Spee, Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen — the volume of the ammunition compartments has been specified. The volume of the handling rooms has been excluded.
- Leipzig, Nurnberg, IJN Mogami, IJN Mikuma, IJN Suzuya — size and position of the crew compartments have been specified. The cutout in the deck inside the barbette has been made narrower.
- IJN Tone — the location of the ammunition compartments has been fixed, additional armament magazines have been added, first-round shells for 127 mm anti-aircraft artillery have been added. The X-ray of ammunition compartments and elevators have been fixed. The thickness of the hull and structures has been fixed. Fuel tanks have been reworked from scratch. The narrowing of the belt in the magazines from 145 mm at the upper edge to 55 to the lower is implemented. The thickness of the bow traverse has been changed from 175 mm to 140 mm. Barbet base thickness changed to 75-100 mm for turret number 2, 75 mm for other turrets.
- Prinz Eugen — the level of armour plates on the deck has been set according to the visual model.
Naval Visual models and visual parts:
- IJN Tone — the radar has been changed from mk21 to mk22. Hydroplanes have been removed from the deck. Decorative plates under the 25mm AA guns have been added. Restricting structures have been added for 120mm guns.
- IJN Furutaka — the visual models of the depth charge launchers have been added on the stern.
Economy and research
- The number of vehicles required to research rank IV to get to rank V of the Italian navy has been changed from 2 to 3.
- New decals “Numbers” have been added for Swedish ground forces.
- Strv m/39 TD — default camo has been changed. “Twitch” camo added free, in the ‘Custom’ section.
- Bugs of the user camo template have been fixed for the following vehicles: Bf 109 F-4, Bf 109 F-4 (USA), Bf 109 G-6, Do 217 E-2, Do 217 E-4, F9F-2, F9F-5, He 111 H-16, He 111 H-3, He 51 B-1, Ju 87 D-3, C.200 serie 7, P-38J-15, P-38J-15 Bong’s, PBY-5a “Catalina”, Catalina Mk. IIIa, PBY-5a “Catalina” (USSR), SPz BMP-1, Pz.Kpfw. Churchill, KV-IB (Germany), leKPz M41, mKPz M47 G, Tiger II (H) Sla.16, Tiger (animal), M60A1 “D.C.Ariete”, M43 “G.C.Leoncello”, Strv m/39 TD, LVT(A)(4) ZIS-2 (USA), M4 748 (a), T-III (USSR).
- Navigation bombing interface (Continuously Computed Release Point, CCRP) has been changed — added a vertical line for more comfortable aiming on dives/pull-ups.
- CCRP accuracy has been increased on dives/pull-ups.
- Indication of sight operations for all types of aircraft/helicopter weapons has been added to the HUD.
- Now, when the target is locked on by a helicopter optical tracking system, the correction mode is immediately activated. The player no longer needs to turn it on manually and press the target lock key twice to stop target tracking.
- A bug has been fixed where the sound of a tank shot might not be heard if the shooting vehicle was not displayed on the map.
- It is now possible to zoom in when in first person view whilst using a VR headset.
- Blackout and redout visual effects now work in VR.