A new year and new updates! Blizzard released the second hotfix update 2021 for World of Warcraft. All details about the update on January 5th.
The new WoW Hotfix update is now available, it is a server update, you don’t have to download any data. There are adjustments for covenants, dungeons and raids, quests and a lot more.
World of Warcraft Patch Notes on Jan. 5, 2021
- Fixed an issue to make it easier for multiple players in the area to receive credit properly during the quest “Succumbing to Pride.”
- Alexandros Mograine will once again properly assist players during the quest “Pursuit of Justice.”
- Fixed an issue where players who abandoned the quest “The Blue Seed” would be unable to exit the cave to destroy the bramble wall after accepting the quest again.
- Fixed an issue where the point of interest indicator on the map for “Through Glass” could be in the wrong location for characters that died and released.
- Night Fae
- Soothing Voice (Dreamweaver Soulbind) can now be removed by effects such as Hand of Freedom.
- The starting location for “Searching the Grove” now has a point of interest indicator and should now be easier to see on the map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the quest “Sanctum Upgrade: Mirror Network” to display twice for players who had completed Laurent’s rescue mission.
- Fixed an issue with the Campaign Chapter progress text requesting players to rescue Laurent from the Ember Ward instead of the correct requirements to complete the chapter.
Creatures and NPCs
- Resolved an issue that could cause players to be unable to loot Shadowlands’ World Bosses if the boss is defeated while the player is offline.
- Iceshatters’ Pulsing Shards now deal appropriate damage.
Dungeons and Raids
- Castle Nathria
- [For realms in the NA region only] Resolved an issue that could prevent the door leading towards Artificer Xy’mox from opening after defeating Sun King’s Salvation in Raid Finder Wing 2, “Reliquary of Opulence.”
- De Other Side
- Resolved an issue where Crushed Soul damage was higher than intended on Mythic Keystone difficulty.
- Lowered the amount of loot per person in Timewalking raids to better match Shadowlands raid drop rates.
Items and Rewards
- Covenant set bonuses now fade immediately when the armor granting the set bonus is removed.
- The Path of Greed effect gained when opening certain Revendreth Treasures can now be removed by right clicking the effect’s icon.
- Certain low-level pet battle quests are no longer suppressed for characters that have not done the introductory quests to Battle for Azeroth.
- Fixed an issue where some Threads of Fate players were unable to use the Sinfall Flight Master.
- Fixed an issue where the Tithelord could sometimes become stuck during the first phase of the quest “The Tithelord.”
- Fixed an issue where level 50 characters could not accept the Twilight Highlands quest “Twilight Shores.”
- Fixed an issue where the quest “Light Camera Action” would be unavailable to certain characters.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- [Live on NA realms. With regional restarts for other regions] Removed some of the weekly delays between certain Bolvar Fordragon Torghast storyline quests.
- Anima Powers
- Fixed an issue where Demon Hunter, Death Knight, Monk and Rogue class-specific anima powers were not appearing in Plundered Anima Cells.
- Death Knight
- The Horsemen’s Call now resets the cooldown of Death Gate when ascending floors.
- Fixed an issue during the Bastion world quest “Things Remembered” where players could fail to receive credit for Kalisthene’s portion of the achievement, What Bastion Remembered.
- The enemies required for “Allay Their Fears” now respawn faster.